You think it could work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You think it could work?

Hi I'm new I just wanted to share my story and see what everyone thinks. I met my SO 4 years ago on a online phone forum. I was married at the time so we were just friends. Jan 2012 I seperated from my ex husband. I changed my name back to my maiden name in July 2012 on FB so SO noticed and messaged me. We have been talking back and forth, not really knowing what to do because we were so far away from each other. I live in southern CA, He is in West Virgina. We live about 2500 miles away. We talk on the phone everyday. However we have not met in person yet. We send pictures and skype. We are both single parents raising our daughters on our own so it has been a little hard to meet up. He was planning on coming to CA in Nov but he got full costody so it had to be postponed. I never in a million year expected to do the online dating thing or hte long distance thing. I dont think I would do it for anyone else. I havnt felt this way in a long time about a man. Its scary but I wont know unless I try. Moving is not out of the question for either of us. We are just trying to decide what is best for our girls. My daughter is 3 and his is 6. I think they are still fairly young and would both adjust to new locations. Its definatly something to think about. Everyone I talk to think I am NUTS and out of my mind. Maybe I am , I dunno. Hes not like any other man I have ever known. Do you think Iam nuts? lol Or Do you think that this is something that could possibly work? I cant imagine why he would come back into my life if he wasnt suposted to mean something.

Thanks for listening to me ramble on and on about my marine

Originally posted by Loreta View Post

Hi I'm new I just wanted to share my story and see what everyone thinks. I met my SO 4 years ago on a online phone forum. I was married at the time so we were just friends. Jan 2012 I seperated from my ex husband. I changed my name back to my maiden name in July 2012 on FB so SO noticed and messaged me. We have been talking back and forth, not really knowing what to do because we were so far away from each other. I live in southern CA, He is in West Virgina. We live about 2500 miles away. We talk on the phone everyday. However we have not met in person yet. We send pictures and skype. We are both single parents raising our daughters on our own so it has been a little hard to meet up. He was planning on coming to CA in Nov but he got full costody so it had to be postponed. I never in a million year expected to do the online dating thing or hte long distance thing. I dont think I would do it for anyone else. I havnt felt this way in a long time about a man. Its scary but I wont know unless I try. Moving is not out of the question for either of us. We are just trying to decide what is best for our girls. My daughter is 3 and his is 6. I think they are still fairly young and would both adjust to new locations. Its definatly something to think about. Everyone I talk to think I am NUTS and out of my mind. Maybe I am , I dunno. Hes not like any other man I have ever known. Do you think Iam nuts? lol Or Do you think that this is something that could possibly work? I cant imagine why he would come back into my life if he wasnt suposted to mean something.

Thanks for listening to me ramble on and on about my marine
    Since you n' he knew each other previously, you have an advantage. I think it could definitely work.

First Visit: September 2016
    Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
    Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
    John 4:12
    I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Welcome to lfad! You'll find many people here who are on a similar situation so yes, it can work

Comment

Welcome! It is something that can work, you both just need to discuss the issue and make sure you both want it to work. Just take it all one day at a time! Good luck and we are all here for support!

Comment

Thank you for your responses Any one i talke to from home thinks I'm crazy for even trying. I am excited to talk with people who have have similar exprinences

Comment

Welcome and good luck hopefully it'll work out (not trying to sound negative at all) just that hopefully the custody issues won't affect either him or you moving in the future is all

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

I think it can work! Good luck to yall!

Comment

Don't listen to all the naysayers! If I had, I wouldn't be experiencing the sweetest love I've ever had. They do not understand and may never, who knows? Go with your heart, and he his, and give it a good try. It will be worth it!
                February 2012 -- met online
                August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
                April 2013 -- met in person
                June 2013 -- broke up
                July 2013 -- back together
                August 2013 -- 2nd visit
                October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
                April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

I was in a similer situation to you. I met my SO online while married, we were friends for years. When my marriage ended we started a long distance relationship (we live 4000 miles away,I'm in the UK, he's in Canada) and we met for the first time nearly a year later. We've been together just over 2 years now and we're getting married on May 7th this year with an aim to close our distance by the end of the year.

Try it, It very well could be everything you ever wanted.
                  As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

No custody issues He got full custody. The mother got all her rights stripped. No vistation NADA ....

Comment

Originally posted by leonsfangirl View Post
                      I was in a similer situation to you. I met my SO online while married, we were friends for years. When my marriage ended we started a long distance relationship (we live 4000 miles away,I'm in the UK, he's in Canada) and we met for the first time nearly a year later. We've been together just over 2 years now and we're getting married on May 7th this year with an aim to close our distance by the end of the year.

Try it, It very well could be everything you ever wanted.

Thats awesome! So glad it worked out so great for you. Hopefully it will work out awesome for us too I realy hope so

Comment

i'm in the nearly same situation with you, im goin through my divorce right now. And i've been talkin with this guy for about 7 months, never met before, he lives more than 10000 miles away. He's cool with my situation, and understands it. And we gonna meet in person right after i get over all of my divorce things, and when i'm all ready to meet a new one. But, its going awesome so far . Good luck for you guys

Comment

Welcome here! I've learned one big lesson here: if you want it bad enough, there is a chance to make it work. Go for it

Comment

I don't think you're nuts or crazy! I started my relationship online. I wasn't trying to find a relationship on eHarmony or anything like that because i got tired of using those types of sites. They never seemed to work for me, so i decided to take a break from dating for awhile because i knew there was something wrong with how i was going about trying to "find" someone to date. I was bored one day and went on a random chat site to talk to other people. I met this girl from Brazil on there and we talked for about 6 hours straight. I decide to ask her if she wanted to become friends. I had no intentions of dating her, i just wanted to be friends with how much fun we could have. Well long story to a short story.....with all the fun we began having, i started to gain feelings for her and that eventually grew into a relationship. I just got back from meeting her in person for the very first time a month ago, and it was the best thing that ever happened to me! My friends thought i was crazy at first, but now they see how incredibly happy i am. I say go for it, but be cautious at the same time and don't get caught up in all the amazing feelings. Be able to look at the reality in everything while enjoying yourself, because the last thing you want to happen is get your feelings hurt.
                            I'm mmm mmm good!

Comment

Its surely work.I think you first make a sitting with him and decide what to do.Hope you will some solution about your daughters and all other aspects.If he really love you than i think he sacrifice for you and also find some solution for your problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X