Keeping romance alive in a long diatance relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeping romance alive in a long diatance relationship

I am new to having a long distance relationship. I have been talking to my boyfriend since October but we did not start dating until the end of December. I am trying to find out ways everyone keeps the romance alive in a long distance relationship. I tried to talk to my boyfriend about it and he got worried thinking i wanted to break up. I am just trying to find out how to keep the relationship romantic when we are 3,000 miles apart and in between our visits. Any advice is welcomed!

Some people don't really take to this idea well, but I'm telling you...phone sex might sound awkward, but it's going to help!

Comment

I am in the same boat. Lol We did the phone sex thing. Aqward for sure but I think it helps Try sending letters, email, sexy pics, lil gifts in the mail as well. Good luck

Comment

Well, phone sex can be awkward at first but I love it now
        You could watch movies over netflix on the computer or something together, read eachother books over the phone, write each other stories (erotic ones are alot of fun!).

Comment

ditto what everyone said also if you know his friends,you can ask them to help you and surprise him somehow.on last 14 Feb my SO asked our common friend to get me roses which was super cute

Comment

lol we have trouble with it too, but i write some spicey story's what is also very good for my english

Comment

Originally posted by dragonlady View Post
              lol we have trouble with it too, but i write some spicey story's what is also very good for my english
              Oh wow I like that idea. Valentines day here I come

Comment

Phonesex is one thing but romance is not only about sex

It's also about being romantic Sending short msgs how much you miss them, or sharing songs that made you think of them. Telling them how good they look in something(or without something) Telling your dreams if you dream about them. I also send written hugs every now and again.

But yeah telling/writing/showing things you'd do to eachother if you were together can spice up the romance quite nicely too
                “We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness — and call it love — true love.”
                ― Robert Fulghum, True Love

Met UK 3.08.2012-5.08.12 ->UK 1.12.12-3.12.12->PL 8.02.13-16.02.13->PL 1.06.13-9.06.13->UK 3.08.13-17.08.13->UK 26.10.2013-02.11.2013->PL 30.11.2013-08.12.2013->PL 22.03.2014-29.03.2014->UK 31.05.2014-07.06.2014->PL 06.09.2014-13.09.13->UK 20.12.2014-03.01.2015
                Closed the distance >21.03.2015
                sigpic

Comment

thanks guys for all the great ideas!

Comment

If you're good with words you can writes songs or poems for her. It find its cute sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                    X