Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for friendship poss future relationship with someone in the US

Hi,

Went over to the US / California last year and just found life so much nicer over there met some amazing people and some lovely girls over there much more genuine than the ones ive met here in the UK.

Im 32 and looking for new friends

Just a heads up brother, this a site for people ALREADY in a long distance relationship. This isn't a dating website

Comment

Errr...Don't think you'll be too successful on this site, you might want to try something like Zoosk, or OKCupid for finding "friends". It's also not a US only site, I'm sure our many UK ladies here won't appreciate your observations
      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

We are amazing over here in Cali, if I do say so myself. However, LFAD is for people involved in LDRs and most people here are happily committed. For those of us who have hung around after our LDRs, we're not exactly single and looking, and if we were, I doubt we'd be looking here! This is more of a forum for support than anything, so I agree with Moon. Try Zoosk or another dating site looking specifically for friends/"friends" in the U.S. If you want to be a part of our community, you're welcome, but it's important to bear in mind the nature of our community.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePiedPiper View Post
          We are amazing over here in Cali, if I do say so myself.
          New England girls arn't so bad either ;o

Haha, OP in all seriousness this is far from an online dating site. This is a support group for people already in Long Distance relationships. good luck though!
          Made it official: 12-01-10
          First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
          Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
            Errr...Don't think you'll be too successful on this site, you might want to try something like Zoosk, or OKCupid for finding "friends". It's also not a US only site, I'm sure our many UK ladies here won't appreciate your observations
            Too damn right!
            I met some of the sneakiest, slyest girls I've ever come across whilst I was in the states... But I've met some pretty nasty girls in the UK too...

If you think a nationality is what makes a girl 'genuine' and 'lovely', you're sorely mistaken mate!
            First met by chance in London 2nd June 2012
            Started LDR 24th July 2012
            James' 1st trip to visit Klaire September 29th-October 31st 2012
            James' 2nd trip to visit Klaire November 17th-November 19th 2012
            Klaires' first trip to visit James November 19th 2012-January 13th 2013

Comment

Originally posted by ThePiedPiper View Post
              We are amazing over here in Cali, if I do say so myself. However, LFAD is for people involved in LDRs and most people here are happily committed. For those of us who have hung around after our LDRs, we're not exactly single and looking, and if we were, I doubt we'd be looking here! This is more of a forum for support than anything, so I agree with Moon. Try Zoosk or another dating site looking specifically for friends/"friends" in the U.S. If you want to be a part of our community, you're welcome, but it's important to bear in mind the nature of our community.
              Hahaha, there really is that whole California Girl mystique, damn Cali chicks
              Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Agreeing with the other ones, this is a forum for people who are already committed and I believe your chances of finding someone here are very slim. Do what the others told you, sign up for a page like that and I believe you'll have more luck

Met online: February 2011
                Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

Working...
                X