Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do when having a down moment because you really miss them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you do when having a down moment because you really miss them?

I'll just say it. I miss her terribly since she moved away. For lots of reasons, I know she had to take this job and go do what she's doing. I'm just not built well emotionally for long distance, especially after dating for a year and a half w/ her being local.

I can't believe it's been two months of her being in Florida already. I saw how much happier her kids were, and how she's so relieved to have a stable job, and stable life now. She just didn't have it here, and couldn't find a job that would allow it to happen here for her. Have I mentioned how much I hate Atlanta at this point?

I have occasional bad bouts of missing her. Especially when I'm at home, alone, at night. I'm out w/ friends a lot, going to the gym, etc. I'm not just pining away at home for her. It's just I gotta go home sometime, and when I get there, it's awful quiet and still.

I really feel she's "Miss Right" for me, and am committed to sticking it out through this until I can either move to Florida or she finishes her degree or otherwise can find a good job here and come back. I just need to figure out how to get through the rough patches when the missing her gets really hard to deal with better.

Was wondering what others do?

Keeping busy helps, or when I can't I'll write him a card or letter just letting him know what I'm thinking or doing. Other than that I'll wear something he gave me or watch a video/ listen to a recording he made, just to feel closer to him

Comment

I have a shirt she gave me. I also have a small lock of her hair I keep in a lttle plastic zip lock bag in my wallet. last night she could tell I was a bit down and started asking questions. I struggle w/ whether to tell her I'm having a bad moment. Or how much to say. She gets so she feels bad about it then the whole conversation just sucks.

Comment

I think you should talk to her about it. I find that if I don't open up about stuff, it just builds up inside and I end up feeling worse. I always feel better after talking to my SO...she makes me feel better.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
        Married April 18th, 2015!!
        Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Do you have any photos from the times you've spent together? My SO and I never used to take photos during visits, but since we've started it's really comforting for me to have something to look back upon when I miss him most

Comment

Working...
          X