Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desperate for a holiday, please help!!

Hey

I didn't know where else to put this, but as there are people on here from everywhere I was hoping someone could help. In July I will have finished my GCSE's, be on summer holiday and my SO will be coming to visit for a month ( hopefully). My friends and I are planning on going away for a well needed holiday together but we are struggling to find somewhere to go. This is because of our booking criteria. We are looking for a caravan site (to hire caravans) a hostel, or a B and B to accommodate 16 young people (boys and girls) in the UK (preferably Great Yarmouth, Brighton or Blackpool). We range from 15-17 mostly being 16 with my SO being the only 17 year old and a couple 15 (nearly 16) year olds. We are looking for a week or 4 nights worth of accommodation. As we are a teenage group without an adult people won't accept us. We are a really quiet, well behaved group and promise not to cause any trouble. We are based in hertfordshire near London. If you know of anywhere it would be a great help

Many Thanks,
    Becky x

I think your best bet is to look into the hostels option. They're more likely to accept groups of young people than caravan sites or B&Bs are. Good luck!

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Yeahh, I definitely think a hostel would be the way to go! They're used to having large groups of travelers and often have great rates for young travelers. It might not be luxury, but it's budget living. :P You also might be able to get something where more of you can stay in a room together, which I think would be fun if you were traveling in a large group like that.
        Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
        Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
        Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

I know when I was 15 and travelling I had to -erm- be generous about my age They wouldn't let <16 yr olds stay in dorms. I don't know if it's any different in the UK. You might want to get a written permission of their parents.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

We found a dorm room in Brighton for 16 people that had the coolest triple bunk beds ever! But my friends are being quite picky, so even tho I would be happy staying there I don't think they would :/ I just want somewhere where I can relax with my friends and boyfriend without our parents :/

Comment

do you have any tents? could you find a campsite instead?

Comment

Urgh, I had the same trouble trying to sort this out with all my friends at the end of A-levels. Hostels are definitely a good way to go. Camp sites can be tricky if none of you drive yet (which is what I'm assuming due to your age). Sorry to be harsh (and blunt) but 16 people is a lot, people are either going to have to compromise, not come or find their own accommodation if they're not happy (believe me, you are not going to be able to totally please all 16 people!) Is it possible that people could sleep in separate accommodations (Like 8 people in one hostel, 8 people in another?) As long as you're in the same town you can still meet up during the day and at night?

P.S. I know a lot of people from my school would go to Newquay at the end of exams so I assume its quite an accomodating town!
                Si tu n'etais pas la
                Comment pourrais-je vivre
                Je ne connaitrais pas
                Ce bonheur qui m'enivre
                Quand je suis dans tes bras
                Mon coeur joyeux se livre
                Comment pourrais-je vivre
                Si tu n'etais pas la

Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you. It will set you free.
                Home could be anywhere when I am holding you

"DONT RUIN MY DREAM OF MINITURE HIPPOS"

Comment

Originally posted by Hololz View Post
                  Is it possible that people could sleep in separate accommodations (Like 8 people in one hostel, 8 people in another?) As long as you're in the same town you can still meet up during the day and at night?

!
                  That's what I was thinking, I just want somewhere to sleep and i'll be happy, hmmm... thinking about ditching the friends now and finding somewhere nice me and my SO can stay for a week

Comment

Working...
                  X