Possible meeting at last?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible meeting at last?!

My parents have been very disapproving of our relationship if any of you has seen my previous threads before. On Friday night a really strange thing happened (which I won't be delineating in detail here) and they told me that he could come here this summer to meet me (and them...) after two years. Of course they are convinced that one cannot "know" a person through the Internet but I'm willing to prove otherwise. I think everything will get so much better once they get past their bias. In all fairness, I still can't believe this is happening. We haven't set a date yet but we will soon. I want the meeting to go smoothly in all ways. Any thoughts?

Sorry, I'm just shocked.

YAY!!! Congrats!
    Made it official: 12-01-10
    First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
    Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

grea news! but why are you so shocked?

Comment

Thank you both!
        Well, any mention of him at home led to huge fights and we have had very difficult times due to the conflict between my boyfriend and my parents. It's just quite shocking to have him coming here while we thought they would never let us meet, let alone "accept" us. I understand their concerns and we'll hopefully be able to wash those away.

Comment

That's awesome news, I hope everything goes well for you guys!

Met online: February 2011
          Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

That is great news, so happy for you guys! Hope you have a wonderful visit (when it does happen)

Comment

Yay!! I'm so happy for you guys. Just be yourself and enjoy the moment. It's the best feeling ever to meet for the first time. As for your parents, you have to understand from their perspective. They are your parents and they are just trying to protect you from making a wrong decision. Once they will see how happy you guys are I'm sure they will change their mind

Good luck and let us know the date when it's finally happening

Comment

I'm meeting Stephen in 10 days! My parents weren't as hard on me about it as yours, but they were skeptical. But they've allowed him to sleep on our couch and stuff so...I'll let you know how it goes!

Comment

Aww, that's great. I'm happy for you! I'm sure meeting him for the first time will be amazing.

We talked again yesterday and decided it will be July. Now we only have to look for plane tickets at the weekend before they get even more expensive. I'm a bit nervous that it will also be the first time he meets my parents but we'll survive that. Couldn't be happier.

Comment

Working...
                  X