Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most cost effective way to send a large package?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most cost effective way to send a large package?

I have never really sent my SO a package for a holiday before. I got him a bunch of candy and put it in a tin along with a card and a letter that I'm going to be sending him for Valentine's Day, along with a bunch of stuff he left here when he visited because he couldn't bring it on the plane with him.

I would be shipping from NY to MA. Are those flat rate boxes my best option?

I would have:
    A tin of candy (pretty heavy)
    Two envelopes
    A pack of twizzlers
    Chips (he bought them for his road trip and then left them...I don't eat them)
    Large CD case
    Deodorant
    Microsoft office CD
    ". . . We obviously have to come to accept it, but that doesn't stop it from gnawing at us day by day.
    The best we can do is enjoy our time together, anticipate our reunions, and remain passionate and loyal through distance." ~Mike <3

~*~11.21.2010~*~

I hates postage. Just sent mine this morning and the prices were disgusting. Have no idea what kinda costs you'd be up for as it sounds like it could be a small box, although weighty, which is the thing that adds up the most. Check out the postal services website for your country, in which case I'd assume - https://www.usps.com/ You can then calculate the postage costs yourself between cities based on the weight of your package and where it's heading. It also seems to list the flat rate boxes and stuff on the site, so all the information should be there Just put all the items together and try and measure up the size you think you'll need. Also, dunno if you're allowed to send deodorant cans? I don't think we can. xD

"My arms will be your prison" - My Boyfriend [♥] Our LDR Blog!

Started Talking - October 2012
    Started Dating - 08.11.12
    First Meeting - 08.12.13 - 39 days together
    Second Meeting - 16.12.15 - 31 days together

Rosetta Stone Progress
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    22 / 60

Comment

depends on what's in the package. I think fedex and UPS both have cheap shipping rates for ground only, but USPS can be good too.

if it's a package that ever has anything really valuable opt to buy the insurance on it!

Comment

Count yourself lucky that you're shipping domestic :P I always try to send things in a padded envelope if I can, with lots and lots of bubble wrap. On the Post Office's website though, you can check to see prices for flat rate shipping, which is typically the best option. It will tell you the different boxes you can use, their dimensions, and how much it will cost you.

Comment

Working...
        X