Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feels Like It's Been Longer

Hello Everyone,

My name is Ellie and I've known my SO for almost a year now, but we started off as friends first, in fact that's all we were for about 9 months before either of us brought up having feelings for the other. I think we were both afraid of scaring the other person off by falling in love before the other, turns out we both felt the same way. We decided a long distance relationship would be 100% worth it, that this feeling of being in love with someone you not only view as your SO but also you best friend was a priceless feeling worth fighting for. Now late December was when we made it absolutely official, but even though that means we've only been an official couple for less than 2 months, we both of have been single the entire time we have known each other, in fact, I asked him why he never had dated at Uni. He said he just never thought anyone compared to me, and that even though we weren't official, hadn't even admitted it to each other, he felt by dating other girls, he'd be betraying me. The truth is, I felt the exact same way, I even got asked out twice and said no, just because my now SO was always on my mind, no other guy seemed to add up to him for me, and I felt I'd be betraying him in some odd way. I feel like I've known my SO for years, even thought it's only been a single year and we've only been official for less than 2 months...is this normal? I mean I'm always shocked at how short the time has actually been because I feel like I've know him for so long, we talk so much, about anything and everything and I feel so comfortable just being myself with him, kind of like he's always just been there. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this sort of time disconnect? Feel like your SO has always been there, even when you've only actually been official for a fairly short period of time, is it normal? Is it healthy?

Thanks,

Ellie

The first night I met Daniel, there was this instant connection and it was like the other half of me came into my life. Instantly he was my best friend and my lover; I then knew the feeling of true love. We got along so well it was like we'd known each other our entire lives. After over two years of being together that feeling has only grown.

Sometimes you just know. Congrats on the relationship.
    Made it official: 12-01-10
    First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
    Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

Working...
    X