Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the only one?

Little back story.
    I live in Vancouver Canada and my SO lives in Northern California.
    She's on a full ride Athletic scholarship while Im working full time so I can afford to move out and pay for schooling

With all that being said, I've discovered a strange phenomenon. I'm constantly working and don't have much free time past the weekends but even then the weather really dictates what I can do considering all it does is rain here. Most of my nights are dedicated to skyping my SO so I really don't have much time to myself. My SO on the other hand has only 2 hours of class a day and an hour practice in the morning then is, in a sense, free. Because of this, I've noticed that she's been able to do all these amazing things and seen all these awesome things that I could only dream of. I'm happy for her but in comparing to what I'm limited to, it bums me out. Seems like I'm stuck in a routine due to work so I don't get the chance to do much. I don't know, am I the only one who's ever felt this way?

You're not the only one by far, hang in there though, your hard work will pay off
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

You'll be fine, bud. At one point I was working 60 hour weeks or more while attending classes full time. It won't last forever, and you will survive it. Just remember to take care of yourself and take a day here and there to indulge in a hobby or check out a show. Just keep on keeping on and you won't regret it when you make it through.

Comment

I have definitely felt like this, and so does my SO. And I'm the one in college! (Community College is really boring...)
        I just picked up the guitar, so maybe learn an instrument as a hobby and play her a song? That would probably amaze her. Unless you already play an instrument, then forget what I said xD Haha or any other hobby that doesn't feel like you're wasting your time.

Comment

Definitely not mate, my SO's job is VERY flexible, she has time to relax with her friends and work, it's not such a hard job in the bar. we have a 7hours time difference, she has literally taken evening shifts to match my sleeping / living schedule though, which is great, but all I do is wake up 6:30 am, shower etc, call her on my way to work, (in work by 7am) then work all day, call her on my lunch 13:30pm) then back to work until 6:30pm, call her and drive home, have food and we call again for a couple of hours, I don't get much time to myself except saturdays and sunday, saturdays I work 7 - 1pm too, so i get a couple of hours before she finishes work and sundays I can relax, except last few I've been collecting free furniture from family and friends ready for moving out lol.

It won't always been like this for me, as I'm sure it won't be for you, chin up!

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
          2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
          3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
          4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
          5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
          6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
          7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
          Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
          UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

Working...