Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Going To The UK!

Hello Everyone,

Valentines Day was amazing, 4146.6 miles away and he still managed to make the 14th of this year the best day I've ever had in the 20 years I've lived. Two dozen pink and yellow roses arrived on my door step from the UK that afternoon, along with a lovely note from him. We spent the day video chatting and laughing, I thanked him over and over, I don't think he could get enough of just how overwhelmingly happy I was. The video call lasted a good 7 hours before we had to say goodnight, and after we had said our goodbyes and he had gone off to sleep, I went to check my mail box only to find my passport had finally arrived that day! How wonderfully ironic that it showed up on Valentines Day! So Thursday I received my passport, and Friday I officially purchased the tickets I will be heading to the UK to spend 3 weeks with my amazing SO and his lovely family on June 24th. I can't explain how excited I am, and he's just as over the moon. This will be our first face-to-face even though we've spend countless hours talking through video and IM. (Our longest video chat lasted 52 hours straight with 2 back-to-back Skype sleepovers) It will be nice to finally hug him in person, and tell him face-to-face how much he means to me, how much his support and love has meant to me over this past year. And to add some more wonder to it all, the 24th of June last year was when we sent out first messages through Skype. It just also happens to be the perfect date schedule wise as well.
    So yes, the countdown begin until I get to walk off that plane and into his arms.
    First Visit - June 25, 2013 - July 15, 2013 (England)
    Second Visit - December 20, 2013 - January 13, 2014 (England)
    Third Visit: (Tickets Booked!) April 12, 2014 - May 10, 2014 (US)

Congratulations! That's so exciting! What a sweet Valentine's Day, too!
    ~~~

Comment

So happy for you!

Comment

Yay thats so amazing Congrats!
        Made it official: 12-01-10
        First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
        Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

Yay! That's so exciting! Perfect timing for the arrival of your passport! I remember being so excited when my passport arrived over 2 years ago, before I met my boyfriend for the first time too. I wish you a great first face-to-face meeting and I'm sure it'll be perfect! It just so happens that just under 2 weeks after you arrive in the UK, I'll be there as well with my boyfriend. Three weeks is a nice long first meeting, my first visit with my boyfriend was two weeks. Since then we've been able to get a bit longer visits but it's still too short! lol Enjoy every moment you have together and remember to take lots of photos and a few videos at least because it's great to look at when you have to be apart again. Don't think about that though, just enjoy your time together!!

Comment

Very exciting! It seems like it's far away, but the time will fly.

I went to the UK to visit my SO last June, & I hope you get good weather! At least last summer in London, the weather was awful, not very warm & generally quite grey. But, we don't go to visit for the weather so I'm sure it will be "sunny" in other ways.

Comment

Working...
            X