Devastated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devastated

Well today is the day he goes... Starting our long distance relationship.

All I can say is I am devastated.... 10 months until I see him. Might be a chance I will see him once he has finished his training and before he is put on the Cruise ship. but chances aren't high I don't think.

Its been a slow day. I came home mid-morning while he stayed at his to get packed and stuff sorted out. Then he leaves for London in a couple of hours....

I feel lost without him. like apart of me missing..
    ”I vow to fiercely love you in all your forms, now and forever. I promise to never forget that this is a once in a lifetime love. I vow to love you, and no matter what challenges might carry us apart, we will always find a way back to each other.”
    The Vow

I understand what you're feeling. My guy is leaving tomorrow morning. I woke up in the middle of the night in a sheer anxiety attack.

I will be thinking of you. It's comforting to know I am not the only one going through this at the same time. I hope you find some comfort in that as well.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that you're starting your LDR.. Its tough, 10 months is a very long time too.

I noticed from other posts you've done that he will be training in London for 3-8 weeks? Manchester - London is doable to see each other reasonably cheaply and you could even make a day trip if needed.. I was just wondering why you guys aren't planning to do that? He must have some time off whilst training, even if its just a day, or if he is training during the day and you get to spend an evening together..

I mean if my SO was that distance from me I would take the train just to see him for a couple of hours, 3-8 weeks is a long time and it would really cut down the length of time that you will not be able to see him at all (when he is on the cruise ship)

and I also just wanted to say that you'll pull through this feeling of devastation, it will take a little while, maybe a few weeks, just keep busy doing things that you enjoy and spend time with your friends and family and eventually you'll start to feel somewhat normal and get into a LDR routine with him.
      Met Online: February 2009
      Feelings grew: January 2011
      First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
      Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
      Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
      Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
      Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
      Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
      Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
      Engaged: 1st of July 2012
      Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
      Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
      Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
      Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
      Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
      Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

As Jazi said, if he has any amount of time off during his training could you not go and visit him? I live in London and went to university in Derby, and managed to get pretty cheap train tickets off this website, dunno how much it would be between London and Manchester but it might help: www.megabus.com
        Good luck anyway x

Comment

be strong and well...dont even know what to add,just remember you can come here for support any time and yes,think only in positivw way! also occupy yourself as much as possible and you wont even notice the time flying

Comment

I'm going to ask about going to see him during training. Might give him a few days to get settled. but I know days will be long. and I'm not sure how much time he will get.

Thank you everyone. Today was a better day than yesterday. I took the day off work and kept busy. Not looking forward to going in tomorrow. We work for the same company. And I'm sure people will have lots of questions as he only told them he was leaving at the weekend..
            ”I vow to fiercely love you in all your forms, now and forever. I promise to never forget that this is a once in a lifetime love. I vow to love you, and no matter what challenges might carry us apart, we will always find a way back to each other.”
            The Vow

Comment

Stay strong hun <3 Distance is such a struggle, but love conquers all!

Comment

his 1st day of training today 6am start 10:20pm finish... long day,,
                The Vow

Comment

Working...
                X