Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

International flight problem - very urgent! Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

International flight problem - very urgent! Please help!

My SO and I were just booking tickets. The website converted a special character in his surname, "ä", to ae by itself. Now we are pretty much freaking out that it might cause problems at the airport because it doesn't match the surname on his passport. Have you/your SO faced a similar problem or have you heard of something like this? We will need to contact the airlines quickly if this poses a potential risk so please answer if you have an idea!

I have never had this problem but to be safe you should probably contact the airline anyway.

Comment

We accidentally typo'd my last name - just call them and have it changed.

Comment

I haven't had this issue but your SO should be ok. Just contact the airline and they can sort it out.

Comment

Haven't had this problem either, but I think it should be fine if you just call the airline and talk to them

Met online: February 2011
          Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

I think calling them will fix the problem, I know of some airlines who charge a fee for changing a name but other than that it shouldn't cause any trouble!

Comment

I was also concerned about the "change fee", yes. I called them several times but couldn't seem to reach them because of "high volumes". Anyway, I managed to get to someone just now and she assured me it is an acceptable format. Everything's alright on that part now. Thank you everyone.

Comment

Dont worry, ae is the international version of ä
                We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

Working...
                X