Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Never dealt with the distance like this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely feel for you! Its so tough! The worst part of long distance is getting back into your own routine after being together, everything feels so much lonelier.
    I'm visiting my SO next month and I'm already dreading the return flight because I'm worried I might be inconsolable like I was when he left here.
    Like others said, cry it out and then keep busy, planning your next meet is a great remedy.

Comment

I am already dreading this when we meet in April, at the moment I have no idea how I'll get back on the plane after meeting him. Sorry I can't advise as I haven't been through it yet but I do feel for you. xxxx

Comment

Everyone above me has given great advice. I just want to add, don't you guys have another visit planned for June? (I'm really sorry if I got that wrong!). When you have a following date for when you'll be back with each other, or even just a rough idea of when it could happen, it helps an awful lot to concentrate on that. Remember every day that passes is another day closer to when you'll see one another again

Comment

*throws a bucket of hugs and pats on back on you*
          Hope it gets better xoooooooox

Comment

Originally posted by lademoiselle View Post
            Everyone above me has given great advice. I just want to add, don't you guys have another visit planned for June?
            Actually, he is going to ask his boss today if he can take the week of his spring break off to come back, which is March 25th-29th. We would have a whole week together!!! Keep your fingers crossed, hopes high, and prayers(if you pray) for us please!

Comment

Saying goodbye absolutely blows. It is by far the hardest thing to do. You just want to follow them as they walk away, but you know you can't. I'd say try to keep busy as much as you can and it is okay to cry. We all know what you're going through. Unfortunately, the goodbyes never get easier but the reunions are always so worth it. Keep your head up, it will be okay! Feel free to PM me any time if you want! *hugs*

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Hi Beth,

It gets better I promise! definitely take the advice of the poster above and start planning details for your next trip! This way it gives you both something to look forward to and discuss on the phone. You can even plan little details that are centered around what you both like to do. Consider this a great way to surprise him when he is next around too! Also, find a hobby to help distract you during the times you are not physically near each other. I got a dog! lol and it was the best decision for me since I live alone. i am forced to get exercise and get out of the house daily and I have someone to take care of, talk about and think about daily...almost as if my SO was near. Just a thought. Take care and lots of hugs!! I know you will be fine!

Comment

You will be ok.

I wish I could find words to make it better. But I am new to this too. My long distance relationship started yesterday and I am devastated I cried most part of the day yesterday. but today I got up, changed around my room, applied for a couple of jobs, visited my grandma and had a friend come and see me.

It is really hard right now. but keep looking forward. Have something to aim for, something to fight for. Have the end of the long distance insight even though you may not know when that will be. If you can see it/imagine life once the distance is closed it gives you reason to keep strong.
                  Surround your self with friends and family and plan things to do to pass the time between visit. It may sound strange but take comfort in the fact that this is hard. as it proves what you both have is real.

Keep smiling and keep busy.. Keep looking forward...
                  ”I vow to fiercely love you in all your forms, now and forever. I promise to never forget that this is a once in a lifetime love. I vow to love you, and no matter what challenges might carry us apart, we will always find a way back to each other.”
                  The Vow

Comment

Jeez now I'm really scared to meet my SO! *hugs* you can talk to me for support anytime<3

Comment

Originally posted by kikidee View Post
                      Jeez now I'm really scared to meet my SO! *hugs* you can talk to me for support anytime<3
                      When are you guys meeting?

Comment

You have enough suggestions for dealing with it i would just give you *hugs*. Everything will get better soon. ANd the best part is now you can show us more of your meet pics
                        BTW you two look cute together.......

Comment

Working...
                        X