Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Newbie LDR Participant Feeling Depressed

Hi Everyone,

Sorry, but I feel like venting as I've been feeling depressed as of late in particular...

I have had a poor history of romance as I'm shy and generally have self-esteem issues (a contrast to my personality when working). I was recently introduced, however, to someone I don't think I've ever bonded so well just recently and look forward to feedback from her everyday in any capacity. I've actually met in person when we first connected (where I reside) and have already visited her recently too.

The thing about my personality is when I really like and care about a person I'm extremely affectionate (she really isn't, which I've gotten use up to a certain degree). I'm also not necessarily an attention hog, but sometimes I feel just recently our messages are periodically infrequent too. I know she is busy and I know she cares about me, but sometimes I do feel lonesome and depressed, especially tonight. I briefly mentioned my concern earlier today and she apologized (sort of, but in a weird way), but I felt guilty, quickly retracted my response and told her I will try not to sound as needy and be more flexible.

As to personality, she is a more social person surrounded by friends and is always in constant communication with her family, so I can see her possibly having an easily way to entertain/occupy herself. I'm a bit of a contrast to this. I have a few close friends and have a lot of family surrounding me, but I usually prefer times to be alone. I worry if I start to allow communication to become less frequent this will not just continue to distance us, but I will revert back to being sad and moody, and drown myself further in my job (I already put a long share of hours that she has voiced more than once I work too hard).

There are so many layers more I would like to share, but I'm spent and still trying to figure out how much information I should volunteer without worrying about privacy. I'm sorry. Any form of constructive feedback will be appreciated.

- Juggiekins

Welcome to the forums. The best advice I have, as a sufferer of depression myself, is not to base your happiness on anyone else. When you feel the loneliness and depression seeping in, do something about it! Nip that in the bud. Call a friend, go for a walk or a shower, make her something. Find ways to occupy yourself rather than resenting her for doing so.
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Working...
    X