"First Day Back after Visit" Anxiety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"First Day Back after Visit" Anxiety

Just came back from my first weekend visit with the bf since he moved and feel like im right back where I started when he first left. The thing I have had most problems with is the anxiety. I usually wake up in the morning incredibly stressed with my heart pounding and it usually continues throughout my day with tiny 1 minute crying sessions occassionally. Those have been getting better however, the clenching-stressed out feeling I have doesn't. Its really impacted my apetite and I have been forgetting meals and am just generally too stressed to eat.

I have been trying to find some strategies to calm myself down but I am guessing that time is the only answer in that a couple days I should be better, or at least where I was before the trip.

Does anyone else have this problem when they come back from a visit? How do you deal with the anxiety those first couple days?

It's called PVD post visit depression. In a past relationship I had this problem. It helped me to write and get back on my feet. It takes normally a week to two to get things back to normal. Jump back into your routine my dear, it helps.

Comment

I'm so afraid that I'm going to be in the same position you are after visiting with my SO. I have some anxiety problems and I've dealt with depression in the past and I don't know how well I'll handle it. The only thing I plan on doing to keep my mind off things is to get back into a routine and focus on planning the next visit instead of focussing on the ending of the last one. Good luck.
      First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

i haven't had that, yet. matt and i haven't seen each other in six months and won't for another five. i'm really scared that after being together for three weeks, afterwards will feel like a huge step backwards... is that how it is?

Comment

It's not so much anxiety for me, but depression. I just saw him this past weekend and I'm having trouble getting back into my regular routine because I miss him so much. It usually takes a week for me to get back to "normal." One thing Joe and I do to make me feel better is we choose a date for his next visit, which as you can see by my ticker, we've already done. Other than that, I just try to push forward and think about how I'll get to see him again in a few months. I also write too.

Comment

Ive been having a very hard time getting into a routine simply because its the summer and I really don't have one other than going to work every night. I think a lot of my anxiety comes from being lonely (there really isnt anyone at my college this summer) and having a REALLY hard time filling my days. I spent last summer with my bf here and was so happy and its such a horrible change. I know Im going to see him again in 2 1/2 weeks but im just having a hard time with the anxiety in the morning and throughout the day.

Comment

The next time my SO leaves I won't be seeing her again for another 8 months. I already know that it's going to break me. It did the first time too. When I had to leave her. It hurts like hell and I've just been crying for hours and days after.

Comment

For me it gets worse every time i see my SO. Because then i miss him even more and feel i need to be with him. Actually the only thing which helps me through the time without him is that i look forward to our next meeting. At the moment i am thinking about October and Christmas and i can't await it. <3
                Also that we will soon live together.
                But in your case: like the others say, go into your routine that usually helps. And if you know when you see him again, then just look forward to it, don't stress yourself because you said goodbye.

Comment

Yes, this absolutely happens to me. It was really tough being away from him after spending 5 wonderful days together. I fell even more in love with him after our visit so being apart is 10x harder. It took me a few weeks to get mostly over it, but it's still tough being apart. Of course talking to him helps a lot.

Comment

Working...
                  X