No announcement yet.

Jealousy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think being jealous is really a waste of time. In all relationships you only get to see what show you and for the most part people only show strangers the really great or the downright ugly.

Whose to say that when the distance is closed you won't fight, have hardships and be miserable sometimes? I honestly think distance is something a lot of CD couples wish they had.

Comment

I think everyone feels jealous at some point even if it's just for a second. I have before. Once I went out with a few of my girlfriends and they all brought along their husband and I felt jealous because they had their SO's there and I was alone. I wished that my SO could be there with us too.

I mean don't get me wrong. I am definitely happy for these people who get to see their SO everyday but, I guess its just a longing for that closeness. Like someone else said it gives me hope for my own relationship. Especially after I read LDR success stories I realize that I can make this work and then maybe just maybe I will have a success story of my own one day.

Met Online: 02/2012
      Started talking privately: 09/20/2012
      First Met in person: 09/22/2012
      Started Dating: 10/30/2012
      Closed the Distance 4/24/2013

Comment

I probably think too highly of myself to be jealous

I mean do see people who have it better than me. My boyfriend's best friend's parents are super rich and he and his fiancee have just gotten an apartment and a brand new car from their parents as early wedding gifts. Their parents also got them jobs, so they earn a shitload of money (well compared to other people in their situation and age) and don't even have to pay rent. And I don't know if sometimes I'm not a tiny bit jealous.
        But then I remember how awesome I think I am for being the first in my immediate family to graduate from university, for having paid for my education myself, for having been paying my own rent since I was 19, etc. And that a car is basically the last thing I need right now (not to mention that I consider having a car in a place where there's good public transport egoistic )

When we were LDR I sometimes got sad when I saw obviously happy couples. But it never lasted long, because hey I'm quite sure my boyfriend's way cooler and we have so much more fun together than them.

I don't know. Maybe that sounded horrible and maybe I'm a conceited bitch But it makes my life happier! What I'm trying to say is: there are always people who have it better than you, but you can also always find things that you do better or areas in life where you're lucky or successful. It makes more sense to concentrate on that than be miserable over something you don't have.
        Last edited by Dziubka; February 27, 2013, 12:56 PM.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Originally posted by Dziubka View Post

When we were LDR I sometimes got sad when I saw obviously happy couples. But it never lasted long, because hey I'm quite sure my boyfriend's way cooler and we have so much more fun together than them.
          This is exactly how I thought! I would look at a happy couple and think "I bet my boyfriend is better in ____ number of ways"

Plus, if these are just random couples you see out how do you know they're not LD as well and on some short visit that will only last a few days?

I'm no longer LD, but I wouldn't like it for someone to give me the evil eye for being happy with my SO. I mean, we worked really hard and sacrificed a lot to be together. We deserve to be happy.

Comment

This kinda happened to me to when I went to the movie theater. The movie ended and as I was leaving the theater there were loads of couples with their arms wrapped around each other, snuggling up on a bench or against a wall (some of these were teenage couples, but still. lol). I just was overwhelmed with wanting and wishing my guy was with me. Not sure if it's jealousy, but it was more of a wanting to speed up time so I could experience it with my guy. But I reminded myself that I'm going to England in June to see him and will be with him for 2 weeks, so I was able to push down these feelings and think of the happy possibilities awaiting me.

I sometimes get jealous/upset with certain people in my family who don't appreciate or value the relationships they're in, but overall there's nothing I can do about it. I try to focus on me and my LDR relationship. Jealousy wastes energy and time that can be better spent with your SO, in my opinion.

Not saying I don't get jealous sometimes, but I've tried over the years to not get jealous about people. I mean, like others have said, you don't know what that person or couple is going through. I mean I look like a normal, happy person to people, but they don't know my family situation, etc.

Don't know if my post helped. Oh well. lol.
            *First visit- 6/15/13-6/29/13*

*Second Visit- 6/21/14-7/5/14*

*My part of the K-1 Visa approved on 10/23/14*

*Fiancé had his Medical Appt. on 2/16/15*

*Fiancé's Visa Interview Appt and approved on 4/13/15*

*Fiancé received his Fiance Visa on 4/20/15*

*Closing the distance on 5/22/15*

Comment

The only people I get jealous of are my SO's friends. He lives in the US while she lives in Iceland, you'd expect it to be really hard for them to be together right? No. Their first visit lasted 3 months and after 3 months of LD they get another 2+ months together. That's literally 100% more time together than my SO and I have had in our almost 4 year relationship. He says they saved really hard for it but ya know what? In 4 years I've saved every single penny thrown my way literally. I've hardly spent any money on myself and I can barely afford a 5 day visit with my SO after a year of saving.

It irks me to no end. But I'm not entirely sure if it's really jealousy or the fact that I'm just angry at my own relationship situation.

Notes:
              Met: 8.17.09
              Started Dating: 8.20.09
              First Met: 10.2.10
              Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

I have never really been a jealous person tbh, I trust my SO, I believe everything she tells me and I know she loves me, but I am jealous of EVERYONE in Thailand right now lol, they are all so much closer to my SO than I am lol! 63 days :P, 2 weeks together, 3months then 6months together

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
                2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
                3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
                4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
                5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
                6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
                7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
                Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
                UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

I used to be very very jealous of all those couples around me who have their SO within reach and can cuddle with them and what not.. but good things come to those who wait and I will have all of that very soon so I decided to accept that they have their relationship the way they want it and I have mine the way we can have it right now

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                  First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                  Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                  Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                  Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                  Married: 1/24/2015
                  Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I struggled with jealousy a fair amount during the first year or so of our LDR, but I've since worked through those feelings. You do come to accept in time that every couple is unique, and two people you see cuddling on a bench in the park may well fight like cat and dog behind closed doors. You never can tell!

Your emotions tend to be more raw after a visit. Just try to remind yourself of everything you and your SO have built together despite the distance, and keep looking forward to the next time you'll see each other

Comment

Working...
                    X