No announcement yet.

How long until you close the distance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When we do all the immigration stuff we'll most likely be going the marriage visa route so we'll already be married when we can finally live together. If we both lived in the same country I would want to live together for a while before we got married, but with our situation it's not going to be like that. He moved as close as he could for the time being, with the border still being in our way.

So, hopefully we'll finally be able to live together in another 2 years or so.

Comment

3 years, 9 months, and 29 days until I move back to California
      Love knows no boundaries.

Comment

I think it's fine to live together before getting married but its different for every situation. If love to be able to move in with me however we will be getting married first then moving over
        ~Shaunna~

*Distance isn't an obstacle when it comes to love, but rather a great reminder on just how strong true love can be*

We're engaged 2014 - save $$, 2015 - get married, 2016 - make the big move!

Comment

Our time line for closing the distance is about 4 to 5 years, until he finishes his schooling and can get full-time employment, but I'm 100% willing to wait, he's definitively worth any amount of time or distance to be with and when you think about it, 5 years is nothing in comparison to the next 60 years I hope to be able to spend with him. Because we are international, we would get engaged, close the distance, and marry within 6 months of my moving in order for me to gain settlement and stay with him. We are both okay with that because by the time we do close the distance we will of hopefully spent a decent amount of time together, we even discussed me coming to stay with him for 6 months (the longest amount of time I can stay in the UK without a visa) after he moves out on his own. It would be a good way to figure out each others routines and habits before closing the distance. So yeah 4-5 years and then close the distance and marry.
          First Visit - June 25, 2013 - July 15, 2013 (England)
          Second Visit - December 20, 2013 - January 13, 2014 (England)
          Third Visit: (Tickets Booked!) April 12, 2014 - May 10, 2014 (US)

Comment

We got engaged last December and we're getting married in June 2014, a few weeks before my graduation. Since I'm moving to the US, he thought it'd only be fair to get married in the Netherlands (:
            So, if everything goes according to plan we're closing the distance somewhere in June/July (maybe August?) 2014

Comment

We'll temporarily close the distance in January 2014 if everything works out as planned and I've got a job then, but by autumn 2015 we'll be heading to universities, most likely in different countries, and that would mean a minimum of 4 more years apart... During our gap year we have planned to live together, and I don't want to get married before I've graduated uni...
              We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

hoping to move to him in spring 2014, so in around a year, will be starting the K1 visa shortly.

Comment

Working...
                X