NEW LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW LDR

I am new to this site and new to LDR's. I recently got into a relationship with someone who lives on the other side of the state. We both have never been in a long distance relationship before. Its been about 2 months since we started "dating." Our first visit was a success. We left planning the next time we can see each other again. Our 2nd one was also a success, however, it led to a different emotion after our "goodbyes." I left even more sad than the first time, he became distant, and is now unsure of how long he able to do this "long distance." Because I spent a good amount of time with him, I think he got a taste of what it would feel like or what it could be like if we lived together or in the same city, and now he realizes WE CANT and DONT have this on a daily basis. ANY ADVICE on how to make this easier for the both of us. ANY ADVICE on what it is were both feeling emotionally? ANY ADVICE on what should happen from this point on? Can this work?
    Last edited by bevjane501; February 28, 2013, 07:21 PM.

Originally posted by bevjane501 View Post
    I am new to this site and new to LDR's. I recently got into a relationship with someone who lives on the other side of the state. We both have never been in a long distance relationship before. Its been about 2 months since we started "dating." Our first visit was a success. We left planning the next time we can see each other again. Our 2nd one was also a success, however, it led to a different emotion after our "goodbyes." I left even more sad than the first time, he became distant, and is now unsure of how long he able to do this "long distance." Because I spent a good amount of time with him, I think he got a taste of what it would feel like or what it could be like if we lived together or in the same city, and now he realizes WE CANT and DONT have this on a daily basis. ANY ADVICE on how to make this easier for the both of us. ANY ADVICE on what it is were both feeling emotionally? ANY ADVICE on what should happen from this point on? Can this work?

Long Distance Relationship's are really hard and we all know that. Lucky for you both though that you live in the same state and not countries apart (I know it doesn't make it any easier, but the commute is) Honestly, if you two care enough about each other, you will both MAKE it work together. To make it easier, write letters, make each other cute videos and post them on youtube, watch movies "together", skype with each other, send cute gifts, make each other things. There are a lot of little things that can make it easier. I've been in a long distance relationship for almost 3 years and I can tell you, it makes you cherish your visits and seeing each other SO much more, I feel personally that you appreciate each other more. I understand that it hurts, but there will eventually be a time where if you both care enough for each other, there won't be any more distance for you two. Don't stress too much, it's a new relationship and you guys are both going to learn new things about each other, some will annoy you and some you will love about each other. Enjoy the time that you do have together. It can work out, but you both have to be willing.
    "I love the stars and the moon because I know that I'm always sitting under the exact same ones as you"

Comment

Originally posted by rawrimolivia View Post
      Long Distance Relationship's are really hard and we all know that. Lucky for you both though that you live in the same state and not countries apart (I know it doesn't make it any easier, but the commute is) Honestly, if you two care enough about each other, you will both MAKE it work together. To make it easier, write letters, make each other cute videos and post them on youtube, watch movies "together", skype with each other, send cute gifts, make each other things. There are a lot of little things that can make it easier. I've been in a long distance relationship for almost 3 years and I can tell you, it makes you cherish your visits and seeing each other SO much more, I feel personally that you appreciate each other more. I understand that it hurts, but there will eventually be a time where if you both care enough for each other, there won't be any more distance for you two. Don't stress too much, it's a new relationship and you guys are both going to learn new things about each other, some will annoy you and some you will love about each other. Enjoy the time that you do have together. It can work out, but you both have to be willing.

Thank you so much for the advice. I just hope my SO and I can get through this first hump, although it feels like he can't

Comment

Originally posted by bevjane501 View Post
        Thank you so much for the advice. I just hope my SO and I can get through this first hump, although it feels like he can't
        Well I wish the best for you both, I hope he comes to his senses! <3
        "I love the stars and the moon because I know that I'm always sitting under the exact same ones as you"

Comment

Well a LDR can work if both people are commited to each other and the relationship! It is like any other relationship, but the couple has to find different ways to communicate and talk than a normal couple would. It can definitely work and rawrimolivia gave some great advice. This forum is filled with great advice and lots of members who are making it work. If you need to, show your boyfriend this site... maybe he will see it can work. It will be easier being from the same state with being able to visit more times. It's probably hardest right now since 2 months is still maybe young to know whether or not you want to be with each other. I hope things work out for you two.

Comment

Working...
          X