Fear of a new LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fear of a new LDR

I'm not sure anyone remembers me, but a couple months back I was in a long distance relationship (which is why I originally signed up here) but it wasn't going well and I had to end it. Since then, I have started dating another guy, and long story short, I have really fallen for him. He is everything that is wonderful up to this point, we can talk for hours and have so much fun together and we have similar interest and goals.

But of course, as life goes, it is not always fair. And my heart has formed some sort of habit for falling for boys that are not from here, and will inevitably go back to where they used to live at some point. My new boyfriend is from Texas. And because of the schooling system here, his parents are thinking of sending him back there to finish his schooling (which is only one year but who knows). He only really mentioned it in passing yesterday (we were with my family and couldn't really discuss it then), and since then my mind has been running through all the possibilities of what will happen. He also mentioned there was a possibility of him going to school in the next province over, which is still about 2 hours. Which is clearly the most preferable option, but still terrifying.

He had also previously been in a long distance relationship that didn't end well, so I know that going back to Texas is not what he wants to do. He's away until Tuesday so in the meantime we can't really discuss this, but I'm going crazy here and need someone to talk to. I just don't know how to approach this all and what we should really talk about. We haven't really discussed much about what our thoughts on long distance is, so do you think that would be a good place to start? I just need advice on what we should be talking about in this situation.

I'm sorry if this is rambly and kind of all over the place, I guess I'm still in a little bit of shock that this could potentially happen again. Any advice at all I would be extremely grateful for.

Best wishes, and thank you.
    started dating: 12/08/12
    "i love you": 04/12/13
    el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
    montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
    el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
    montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
    el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
    el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
    el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
    san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
    san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

Yes, since you both have been through an LDR before, it gives you both as advantage. Not that it makes it any easier, but at least you both know what to expect. It is a discussion you both need to have... And starting with the "how are we going to make this work" conversation is a good place to start to bring up all the little things you want to ask him. More than likely the same things are probably lingering around his head too. If you both are willing to do it together, it can work. Good luck!

Comment

If its something that both of you want and are willing to work for, then I think that anything is possible!
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~*** So Much Love to Share ***~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I think maybe you should both discuss on whether you want to be in a long distance relationship again? No point worrying over him leaving yet, enjoy the time that you have together and see where he wants to take it from there. Hope it works out for you
        ~Shaunna~

*Distance isn't an obstacle when it comes to love, but rather a great reminder on just how strong true love can be*

We're engaged 2014 - save $$, 2015 - get married, 2016 - make the big move!

Comment

Working...
        X