Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Venturing into dangerous territory. Women's shoes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venturing into dangerous territory. Women's shoes!

And no - it's nothing kinky so get your mind out of the gutter!

SO has a foot injury from a childhood accident. She can't wear heels of more than just a little, and the little bit of heel her shoes can have has to be a wide base. Otherwise, she aggravates the injury.

She has commented that she thinks the selection of non-heeled womens shoes are mostly rather unfashionable. For a gift for an occasion of her's coming up, I was thinking of trying to find something stylish that would still work w/ for her and not hurt her foot.

Was wondering if any women here might have some suggestions? I've done things like gone to the shoe stores and looked a bit and nothing really stands out. I'll admit though that I don't linger looking too long, being a guy and all. Just doesn't look right being a guy and spending a lot of time looking at women's shoes...LOL!

i am not able to wear heels too, but it sure is a challenge to find something!!! summer shoes no problem but something closed... good luck!!
    sounds strange but the more expansive shoes shops and for woman 35 and up have some more taste that the shops for the "young" woman
    and dont be ashamed just ask them in the shop!!! afterall they know there shoes!

Comment

I think shoe shopping for someone else is hard enough as it is, nevermind someone with such specifications! Maybe you could tell her you want to buy her a pair and ask her to help you out or if she finds a pair she likes to let you know and you'll send her the money for them.

Comment

I have fallen arches and will have to wear insteps throughout my life, so heels are pretty much out of the question - I can take a couple of hours before my back starts to ache like anything. I love ballet flats for the spring and summer and tend to go with loafers during autumn and winter (the cute pairs, mind). I do think it's possible to find a pair of flat shoes which still make you look feminine As dragonlady said, if you try to pick something out by yourself, don't be afraid to ask the shop assistants for help. That's what they're there for!

Comment

I also cannot wear heels for very long, and normally wear flat shoes, heels only for short times for special occasions. I like the dolly/ballet flat shoes for summer, but I am also massively fond of flat heeled comfy boots. Ankle high or just below the knee. I have to wear orthopaedic insoles too, and they don't really fit properly in dolly shoes, but they fit perfectly fine in all my boots So maybe they could be another option for you.

Comment

I had injuries that have prevented me from wearing heels as well. I have found that as long as the shoe has a platform heel, I can do pretty well. Anything with just a high heel (even if it's low) is completely off limits. My SO recently wanted to buy me a pair of shoes, so he went shopping with me. Maybe you could get her a gift certificate to spend on a pair of shoes somewhere? I think it's probably best for her to try them on first.

I like this store.

Comment

Last year I had a problem with my toenail which didn't let me wear high heels, and this year I have another problem but on the other foot and my dermatologist keeps telling me that I can't wear high heels or playing tennis (my sport) as long as this problem doesn't go away and I don't see it going away in less than 6 months, looking at the progress. I LOVE high heels, but I can be as happy with flat boots, be it ankle high or just below the knee. Other shoes I like are mary janes (there are cute flat ones) but these can vary a lot for girls since it depends on taste. You can always go for the typical converse/all star shoes which are still popular and a favorite of a bunch of people (I know I still love them).

Good luck! I hope you find some interesting shoes! ;P

Looking for the future...

First Meeting: March 20 2016
              Got separated: August 2016
              Reunion: July 2017
              Officially together: January 2018
              ... And many meetings later ...

Comment

Working...
              X