What are your Hobbies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are your Hobbies?

I'm looking for new hobbies to take up to pass the time while he is away.

What are all yours?
    ”I vow to fiercely love you in all your forms, now and forever. I promise to never forget that this is a once in a lifetime love. I vow to love you, and no matter what challenges might carry us apart, we will always find a way back to each other.”
    The Vow

I don't have many hobbies, but I do like to pass the time doing some family genealogy and I also like to cross stitch. Am doing a wedding sampler right now but it seems to be taking me forever.....

Started Writing - February 2010
    First Visit - September 2010
    Second Visit - June 2011
    Third Visit & His Release Date - February 2012
    Our Wedding Day - April 2012
    Submitted I-130 Visa Application - July 2012
    NOA1 - July 2012
    NOA2 - December 2012
    Fourth Visit - December 2012
    Closing The Distance - Watch this space

Comment

I love to sew. I taught myself, so it is possible. Especially with all the info out there on the internet. Lots of blogs and stuff, too, with patterns and tips, etc. I also make cards. It's a lot of fun. Pinterest is a good place to find inspiration (as well as waste time).

ETA: If you don't have a sewing machine, you can get one pretty cheap at a thrift store (but you may have to invest time and money to get any missing parts). Mine was a birthday gift from my mom. You can get fabric at a thrift store cheap, too. Paper crafting might be less of an investment upfront, though.
      Last edited by sewbama; March 12, 2013, 07:08 PM.
      Met online: Nov 2010 - Met in person: Nov 20, 2010
      Closed the distance: April 27, 2011
      Accepted to PhD program 200 miles away: March 2012
      LD again: July 24, 2012
      Left School and Closed the Distance for good: March 8, 2013
      Married: November 1, 2014
      Started job 200 miles away: February 23, 2015

Comment

I'm no longer in a relationship but I found filling my time with cheap classes allowed me to get out of the house and around people. I joined a salsa class which is 5.00 a class as I'm a student and you get a discount and free class if you get a punch card. I have the opportunity to learn something fun (salsa) as well as dance with people, socialize and generally have a good time. I also do kickboxing, pilates, and circuit training. You can usually get cheap deals through Groupon. It's a healthy way of destressing, passing the time and keeping my mind off of anything that might be going on.

As far as hobbies go, I have a couple shows I watch that are mine to watch (and were mine alone when in a relationship), I like to write and read (am always looking for something new), train/play with my animals, etc. I also like to get outdoors and hike, run, kayak, etc., depending on what I have the money for. Going out for a treat every once in a while, like a manicure or a movie, often helped too.

Comment

I spend a good amount of time alone due to how I work. I workout 4-5 days a week. It's a great destresser and being in shape is always nice There are also classes you can take to change up your workout routines. I love reading and do a lot of that! I write and have recently started coloring. I know it sounds a little odd but it's very relaxing and takes no thought. I've found some new shows to watch and with Netflix and HuluPlus (I don't have cable or dish) you can watch full seasons or even a whole series if the show is finished.

Anything you can do to pass the time is great! I like feeling productive so anything self improvement wise or education wise I can do, is good! I'm currently studying to take a test to get into officer training school and will be studying to take the GRE as well. Find what works for you and try new things!
          Our love story:
          Attended the same high school 2004-2007
          Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
          Reconnected: August 2012
          Began dating LD: November 2012
          Engaged! March 2014
          Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

For me I like video games, listening to or writing music, I play a few instruments so I have ensembles and rehearsals too. I also enjoy reading, sewing and knitting, and my main focus at the moment is learning Russian XD which I kinda count as a hobby cause I really enjoy learning languages and I spend a lot of time each week working on it. I've got just under 3 months to learn as much as possible haha XD

Comment

For now i sketch,learn Hindi and waiting for the weather to get warmer so I can go outside spinning poi ^^ oh and i fell in love with sudoku!great time pass while waiting for the bus or for the doctor or just sitting at home and yeah em always hungry for good books

Comment

I play video games, read and recently taken up Crochet which im really enjoying.
                As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

I've taken up boxing recently and am in love with it. I have my first amateur fight in April. I also really enjoy baking and I'm trying to teach myself how to sew. I recently took a sewing class and it didn't look that hard.
                  "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

cool another poi spinner my bf does that too!! really awesome
                    for my i like to make jewellry out of silver, (gold i cant affort) little beads, beadembroidery and lampworking.
                    i also like to play a bit with polymere clay and do a bit of scrapbooking for fun (only for myself)

Comment

I'm studying full time so my days are already pretty busy. I also run, ride horses, read, and I love to cook.
                      London girl, American cowboy. "Like a western Dirty Dancing."

Comment

Watching TV shows (which is seriously affecting my attention span. I don't watch movies anymore because they're too long :P)

Reading.

There really is nothing else.
                        I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

At the moment I'm just trying to get through my exams, otherwise I like cooking and baking, any kind of needle work, reading and writing, walking and in particular nordic walking. At the moment I don't do much but study though :P Hope to find time to learn a new language over the summer and teach my SO a bit more Swedish...
                          We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

I like to work out(mostly running and weight lifting), knit and crochet, read, play the guitar, and cook. I wish I had more time for all of those things right now!

Comment

Originally posted by dragonlady View Post
                              cool another poi spinner my bf does that too!! really awesome
                              for my i like to make jewellry out of silver, (gold i cant affort) little beads, beadembroidery and lampworking.
                              i also like to play a bit with polymere clay and do a bit of scrapbooking for fun (only for myself)
                              hey its really nice to meet another poi spinner! even tho its our bf does he spin fire ones? coz i have neon poi,i never tried fire actually.you gotta try that as well! its great to get rid of all negativity and just let the energy fill you up and clear your head

Comment

Working...
                              X