CNN's "Why it's really possible to fall in love online"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CNN's "Why it's really possible to fall in love online"

Have a look at this article here-- it does a great breakdown of why relationships that start online can and do work.
    Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
    Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
    Engaged: 09/26/2020

I absolutely LOVE this article! Thanks for sharing! It just verifies what I've tried to explain to my friends to no avail for so long. I was in love with Stephen 3 years before we met, and then when we did finally meet it was like sparks and fireworks all over the place. I can't even explain the feeling of hugging him for the first time.

Comment

awesome!!

Comment

Love it!
        Made it official: 12-01-10
        First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
        Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

It was a nice read! I got my SO to read it too, it's nice to see the media rooting for us LDR/internet relationships..

Although Catfish is REALLY not helping lol.
          Met Online: February 2009
          Feelings grew: January 2011
          First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
          Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
          Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
          Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
          Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
          Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
          Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
          Engaged: 1st of July 2012
          Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
          Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
          Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
          Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
          Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
          Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

I made it through about half the article, way too long!! But it was nice

Comment

Four for you CNN! What a good read.

Comment

I sent this to my mom so she can understand more about my situation. Crossing my fingers! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Awesome article! Thanks for sharing. I sent it to my SO and she loved it too.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                  Married April 18th, 2015!!
                  Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Really good article It's nice to see some support

Comment

awesome article!!!

Comment

EXACTLY what I NEEDED to make my sister understand!!! I love it.
                        ”Distance means so little when someone means so much.”

Comment

Originally posted by Jazi View Post
                          Although Catfish is REALLY not helping lol.
                          So much this. I was excited for how that show might change the way people react to my relationship.
                          It's done the exact opposite, what a disappointment.

Comment

This article makes me smile with a little complicated feeling (esp while reading the comments through the site) but mostly it's a good feeling and brings some memory.

I was actually always being skeptical in every online date and relationship. Back in the year 2011 I'd joined with a team psychology research. Our goal was to get to know more about human behavior over computer and internet. Ironically that's also the time I met my SO. For the research I signed in for some chat rooms. I observed about words they used, asked some participants for to join our survey and interviewed them.

That was not easy, I got used to stuck with some of creepy people and after took two weeks full for collecting datas finally it made me burnt out. That the time I started to talk with people over the chat rooms decently (not for research purpose), just for refreshing my mind and yup there he was. After long hours ranting out on public chatroom, this guy PM(d) me. I still remember his first words "Why are you so bored -puts my name here-?" Our first convo was great. We talked about books and another stuff. But still cynical about him. He was on his deployment in Afghanistan at that time so, it's more like, for me he's just like another lonely man who needed some company.

Without any control our feelings grow and a night before he's finally back to states he told me he loves me. And yep, after that our story still goes on. I still can't believe myself I fell for him too. Haha.

P.s: Result of the research is positive. Human relationship over the internet has a positive correlation with high score of self-disclosure, intimacy, etc. I gotta check the journal again. Lol.

But thanks anyway to share this article.
                            Jon Lawrence: I love you because you are succesful, intelligent, have a great nerdy personality.
                            Jon Lawrence: Love me for all my faults
                            Jon Lawrence: You have a good head on your head.
                            Jon Lawrence: and you are FUCKING AMAZING LOOKING!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X