No announcement yet.

Communication with a new LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We talk every day but some days it's just a few messages here and there. Skype is rare right now because his schedule is stupid busy but we make due with once every week or two. We don't often just do phone calls as he isn't one to just talk on the phone. We usually replace phone calls with Skype sessions.

Comment

It just depends on the day, but we talk on the phone on average about 1-3 times per day, and we usually text on and off throughout the day. We hardly ever video chat (via skype or anything like that) because he feels uncomfortable in front of the camera. We try to at the least talk each night before bed usually for 30mins to and hour.

Comment

Originally posted by redapple View Post
        Apparently im one of the odd ones out- We DON'T talk every day! I think I'd find it too much. I like having lots to say and every other day guarantees that. Gives us a chance to organise stuff around the days we are not speaking too. anyway when we talk its every other day for about three hours. We also try and communicate in some way everyday but this can literally be one or two messages on pair. We used to email but that's died down now really. At the weekends we spend at least one and often two days on Skype for 3-6 hours. Writing it down makes it seem too long in my mind but we often watch films and stuff hence why it's such a long time!

We're just about to go 10days without proper communication too as he's going in holiday!
        Glad I'm not the only one. For us it's not voluntary. Time difference and work get in the way. Big time. We have weeks we talk every day and then weeks we barly get to speak. We have date night every Sunday night, which is when we catch up properly and spend hours online.
        I'm not happy with it when don't talk much but that's how it is.

Talking for hours every day as some of the people here do isn't for me. I love talking to my SO every day but I also love my personal life and doing fun stuff with friends. Spending every night on Skype just doesn't appeal to me. I'd rather talk a little bit and then meet a friend for a drink , go out for dinner or do some sport.

Comment

We talk on Skype for an average of 20 minutes every night on weekdays from 8pm to 8:20pm (5am AZ time). on weekends we talk for about 3 hours on Saturdays and three hours on Sundays. I really feel lucky compared to some other people in LDR.

Comment

We talk on the phone at least once a day, most days twice. And, we text throughout the day. I think it's a bit much though, because it seems we have nothing to talk about. He's always on the computer or something when I call, and distracted, so we just sit there. It's frustrating at times, but I've discussed it with him and he still does it. I think it's because he has nothing to say. I've brought up the option of us speaking every other day or so, but he doesn't seem to like that idea. *shrug*

Comment

We're one of those lucky ones - we talk every day for a couple hours after we get home from work, even though we have a 5 hour time difference right now we get home around the same time.
              We chat on Steam every day, talk on TeamSpeak when we play games together or Skype when we feel like seeing each other, which can be every day for a week and then once a month. It all depends on how much we want to see each other (or rather NEED to see each other).

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
              First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
              Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
              Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
              Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
              Married: 1/24/2015
              Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

We've cut down over time, but I guess it was natural progression. When we first got together we'd chat for 4-5 hours on most days; he was still a student and I was taking a gap year so we both had a lot of extra free time, and also felt more of a need to spend it with each other. Fast forward a couple of years and we still try to log in at least once a day, but the length of our conversations vary between 15 minutes and a couple of hours. Depends how busy we are. We never speak on the phone though, and Skype calls are a rare treat!

Comment

Usually we text each other every day. A lot of days we end up talking on the phone. We're always sending each other photos. Skyping when possible.

Comment

short emails every day/every other day. skype once a week/once every two weeks. some weeks we talk/chat every day.

Comment

The time difference works quite well for us, I wake up just as he gets home from work so we text most of the day until he falls asleep, usually around 4pm my time so I have time to do other things. And then he wakes up at around 11pm my time so we talk until I fall asleep then We haven't got round to Skyping yet, but I'm going to suggest it to him soon.
                      No time zone or distance or anything can keep us apart

Comment

Quite luck with my SO, We text throughout the day while were both working (even though his 5-6 hours behinde) and then we skype of an evening almost every night, But if im tired he will call me for atleast 20 mins before i go to bed. Lucky i get to speak to him so much! <3

Comment

Working...
                        X