Nostalgia :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nostalgia :)

So my SO graduated from AF basic training a few weeks ago, and immediately I noticed that it feels different when we were together, talking and stuff. Like, we didn't know what to say, had to actually try and think of ways to spark conversation. He's at tech school now, and we get to talk every night on the phone and texting. And even still it's kinda like that. It's exactly like how it was when we first started dating in high school! That new, nervous feeling. I love it, it's fun and exciting, and even he noticed it too. It's like we're getting to know each other all over again, especially since he's changed a bit from basic training.
    Anyone else experience this? I really like it, it's fun!
    sigpic
    Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
    Our first LDR ~ August 2009
    Closed the distance ~ January 2011
    He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
    Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
    He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
    Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
    Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Awwww! I get that way too sometimes when I think back on the years we've spent together.
    Made it official: 12-01-10
    First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
    Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

Yeah I know exactly what you mean! After my SO and I graduated college we went through a lot of changes too. He got a job and I went to grad school, so it was like we were learning about each other all over again. It's definitely exciting!

Comment

I get that way with my SO every once in awhile. We go through times where we dont talk alot, but then we go on a couple month stretch where we talk everyday all day and it just sparks those little things that we missed about one another!

Comment

I'm really glad that it's this way because I was initially worried about how two months of minimal contact would effect us. It's nice to hear that it happens to other people too It really is exciting to relearn with each other
          sigpic

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

I know this isn't the same but after a good friend of mine went off to training (army) she was a bit off for awhile and felt distant. I think it takes time to find something to talk about because really..., they've been in an intense situation that isn't really something you can explain to outsiders.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalfever View Post
              I know this isn't the same but after a good friend of mine went off to training (army) she was a bit off for awhile and felt distant. I think it takes time to find something to talk about because really..., they've been in an intense situation that isn't really something you can explain to outsiders.
              I completely agree, I've never been through basic but from what my SO has said it's pretty intense, mentally too. I kinda expected him to be a bit more to himself, and he was for the first day or too but he really jumped back pretty quickly which I'm happy about. But I have to say, basic changed him in certain ways, all being good changes. He realizes how important little things are, and he's so sweet and romantic! I mean he was before but even more so now. And he even went ring shopping the other day!
              sigpic

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

Working...