Struggling with Being Apart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Struggling with Being Apart

I've been with my fiance since the end of 2011, and I'm still struggling when he leaves. We are hopefully closing the distance next month with the K1 Visa that we've applied for, but he just left today and I just feel so low. I don't know what to do. I have diagnosed anxiety and depression that is just getting worse.
    Last edited by daretodreamx3; March 17, 2013, 11:14 PM.

You say you hope to close the distance next month so focus on that, is there anything you need to get ready for when he moves? Is the wedding all sorted, focus on getting married and all the little wedding things that need to be done, keep yourself busy and know it wont be much longer now.

Comment

You need to do all you can to keep busy. Like Kacie said, is there anything else you need to do for your wedding? Try not to focus on the negatives but the positives of this situation, you have an end in sight and that's just wonderful. Time moves and before you know it you'll be closing the distance....

Started Writing - February 2010
      First Visit - September 2010
      Second Visit - June 2011
      Third Visit & His Release Date - February 2012
      Our Wedding Day - April 2012
      Submitted I-130 Visa Application - July 2012
      NOA1 - July 2012
      NOA2 - December 2012
      Fourth Visit - December 2012
      Closing The Distance - Watch this space

Comment

I left my SO Saturday night, so I'm in the same position as you right now. You're lucky you have an end in sight with closing the distance, I'm at least a year away from being with my SO. I try to think of memories that make me excited to be with my boyfriend at all rather than being sad we're physically apart.

It's okay to take a day every once and a while to cry, especially after your SO leaves. Take a bubble bath, watch sappy romance movies, eat a tub of ice cream, paint your nails. Be silly and as emotional as you want. Then tomorrow, do something productive or plan a new project.

After I'm done with my classes today, I'm going to deep clean and re-organize my apartment. I also decided I'm going to host a party this weekend just because it will give me the extra company when I'm feeling lonely, and it will occupy my time for the rest of this week.

Comment

Pretty much what everyone else has already said! Keep yourself busy and try not to focus on that! Good Luck!

Comment

Thank you everyone . I'm doing better today and I'm keeping as busy as possible!!

Comment

Working...
            X