No announcement yet.

Give me your best quote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found this one a few days ago. I love how simple it is. But very fitting for a LDR. "Absence is to love as wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small and kindles the great." - Roger de Bussy-Rabutin

Comment

The one in my signature too!
      It gives me so much hope x)

Comment

''Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly''
        "If you say you can't, you just don't want to"

Comment

Originally posted by dumb_blonde1996 View Post
          "Distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."
          Originally posted by Ejoriah View Post
          Those who love but are separated know pain, but it is not despair; they know that love exists.
          LOVE LOVE LOVE these two quotes, thank you for sharing!

Comment

"I walk beside you wherever you are, whatever it takes, no matter how far. Through all that may come and all that may go, I walk beside you, I walk beside you." ~Dream Theater

I don't deny the existence of God, but I believe there's no way to prove or disprove his existence. This is a prayer that I recite and love. "God, grant me the serenity to accept what I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

"Take it one day at a time."

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

"The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again." -Charles Dickens

Comment

"The few hours I spend with you are worth the thousand hours I spend without you" -Unknown

Comment

A lot of really good quotes in here, one of my favorites when it comes to love though is this one:

"Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossoms had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."

It has nothing to do with distance, but I think it is one of the most beautiful quotes ever spoken.

Comment

I do not remember the quote words by words, but it is from "11 minutes" of Paulo Coelho. I totally love that book now because my SO quoted something sad from the beginning (love making one miserable or something like that) but then I thought to myself; I know there is a better qoute! In the same book1 And I stayed up half the night night re-reading the book and getting quite emotional - and then I found it, near the end, right before the heroine thinks about leaving. She says something about a couple of times of love-making really making all the difference in the world because it makes her see everything differently. I really love how Coelho writes about sexuality and the feeling of being seen (and fucked). Anyway I posted it to him right away on Facebook. And I did win him over with this quote! I took something from him and turned it around, and he has talked about it several times since. So even if I don't remember it by heart, it still is the best one for me I think I made him realize I really care about all of him.
                    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

The same road that leads you far away will bring you back to me...

My heart beats in two places...

And one of my all time favorites xD:

Without you, I feel like macaroni...with no cheese.

Comment

Working...
                      X