Long Distance Relationship Movies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Distance Relationship Movies?

I've been looking for movies that involve romance over distance. If you have any recommendations, please share them here. It's really hard to find good ones.

I'll list a few to start out with:

The Notebook
    A poor and passionate young man falls in love with a rich young woman and gives her a sense of freedom. They soon are separated by their social differences.
    You've probably seen it before. More than once. I have resisted watching this movie, but I thought it was an obvious choice to list.

The Lake House
    A lonely doctor who once occupied an unusual lakeside home begins exchanging love letters with its former resident, a frustrated architect. They must try to unravel the mystery behind their extraordinary romance before it's too late.
    It stars Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock. There is a definite fantasy/thriller element. Overall it's pretty cheesy, but I've always liked it well enough.

Like Crazy
    A British college student falls for an American student, only to be separated from him when she's banned from the U.S. after overstaying her visa.
    It won a couple awards at Sundance. This one is not cheesy, and it will probably most definitely frustrate you. I teared up a few times, but overall I just wind up feeling angry at the main characters.

I can only think of two

Going the distance and Dear John.
    ”I vow to fiercely love you in all your forms, now and forever. I promise to never forget that this is a once in a lifetime love. I vow to love you, and no matter what challenges might carry us apart, we will always find a way back to each other.”
    The Vow

Comment

Working...
    X