No announcement yet.

I just want to talk on the phone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've only just skimmed the responses, but if he has the internet is he not able to skype with you? You don't have to video, but even just talking over skype is free.

Comment

Im sorry if my response is redundant but, years is a looooong time. Much to long for not having even talked to him on the phone.
      I understand your concern not to sound distrustful but after years, you have reason to be. Its not normal and actually a little suspicious that you have not communicated by phone or video at some point. I wouldn't be very comfortable with that. Offer to send him a mic or web cam (if you can afford them since they are super cheap now) and give him no room for a "no." If he says you don't trust him just say "we've been together for so long and I just need more. I miss you all the time and think about us together. I dream about you and I'd like to know what you truly look and sound like. Its only fair after being your girl this long. Our relationship has to progress if we want to stay together." Honestly, that is the truth as well. Where is your relationship supposed to go if you have years without advancing in your communication? Good luck and be cautious.

Comment

I can't believe I lasted another year with this guy before finally dumping him. It was a really toxic relationship honestly and was just blinded with love I suppose. Looking back I have no clue what I was thinking, but definitely regret wasting 4 years of my life on empty promises and false hope that something was going to made out of what we had. Thanks for all the replies here. I'm sure that these messages in the long run ended up building up my choice to finally end it with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Owl View Post
          I can't believe I lasted another year with this guy before finally dumping him. It was a really toxic relationship honestly and was just blinded with love I suppose. Looking back I have no clue what I was thinking, but definitely regret wasting 4 years of my life on empty promises and false hope that something was going to made out of what we had. Thanks for all the replies here. I'm sure that these messages in the long run ended up building up my choice to finally end it with him.
          Sorry Owl, but it sounds like it was for the best. Hope you're doing well
          In all the world there is no heart for me like yours.
          In all the world there is no love for you like mine.
          -- Maya Angelou

Comment

How much does a simple phone cost? or computer equipment? Or a smart phone? The first thing we did, actually before I ever visited him, was buying him a new phone. I mean, he could borrow his friends' phones or laptopes, or go to internet cafes, but it did not feel steady nor private, so that was really important. I did not really have the money for it, but I just did it anyway because it mattered. We skype every day using his phone + my phone/laptop. We hardly ever call regularily, since that is very expensive, but we use Viber to make calls and of course Skype. To me it is so important to just see him, watch him move, hear his voie.
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Can't say I'm getting positive vibes off this one. You've been in a relationship with him for years and never talked? Because he can't afford international calling, webcam, microphone etc? Webcams and microphones are cheap. International calling is moot when you have things like Skype at your disposal. You don't need the latest and greatest smart phone to have access to cheap/free VoIP based communications.
              To put things in perspective, I'm a poor student but I manage to find a way to keep contact through whatever means possible. He only needs to put a small amount of money away each pay day to have enough money to get a webcam and/or microphone. I don't want to come across as cynical, but if he were truly committed he'd find a way to make vocal communication a reality.
              Last edited by lordpsymon; November 6, 2014, 01:54 PM.
              ---------------
              Closed the distance: 14th January 2015

Comment

Working...
              X