No announcement yet.

Where in the US would you go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I'm biased towards Minnesota, haha! The nature north of the Twin Cities is beautiful, such as Taylor's Falls. And then there's the Mall of America which was just an insane experience for someone Dutch but you might nit find it that amazing I think the others gave good suggestions! Just wanted to mention MN because it's so beautiful and often forgotten

Comment

I'm going to say New York and New England. I'm a native New Yorker, have lived right outside the City my entire life. NYC is a def must have at least once in your life. It's quite the experiance, even for me and I work there. There's just so much to see and do. You can find every kind of food ( the East Village has a lot of vegan/raw places) and every kind of person and no matter the time of day there is literally always something going on.

New England is beautiful. I have lots of family there ( as well as we had a summer house on Nantucket) and it's just a really great place to go.
      "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

New England road trip!!!! Mystic, CT is a great place to go..there's the aquarium and seaport...lots of nice beaches and shops! There's Hershey Park in PA, or if you wanna go more north there's always Boston, MA which is a lot of fun! Or Salem, MA if you like spooky things Or you can drive all the way up to Maine and enjoy the beautiful shops and beaches. You honestly cannot go wrong, plus New England history is fascinating (at least to me it is :P). Washington DC is a great suggestion too or NYC.
        Last edited by Black_Halloween; March 21, 2013, 12:29 PM.
        Made it official: 12-01-10
        First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
        Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

There are incredible cruise deals right now. I saw one 5 day cruise out of Port Canaveral for $189 a ticket. Then you pay taxes and port fees on top of that, but it still adds up to something like $50 a night per head for your accommodations, all your food, lots of free entertainment (vegas type shows, stand up comics, deck dance parties, etc.). You can spend as little or as much as you like on Port Calls. I know the industry has gotten a bad rep the past few months, but given how many ships there are now, it's amazing that there aren't more mechanical issues and what not on those ships. I love cruising.

Comment

Originally posted by Rugger View Post
            I'm going to say New York and New England. I'm a native New Yorker, have lived right outside the City my entire life. NYC is a def must have at least once in your life. It's quite the experiance, even for me and I work there. There's just so much to see and do. You can find every kind of food ( the East Village has a lot of vegan/raw places) and every kind of person and no matter the time of day there is literally always something going on.

New England is beautiful. I have lots of family there ( as well as we had a summer house on Nantucket) and it's just a really great place to go.
            This!! I completely agree. NYC is one of the most incredible cities I've been to, I'd love to live there. I've been a few times, and I am absolutely dying to go back.

And New England is gorgeous. I did a camping trip around it with my family when I was 13 and it was incredibly beautiful.

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
            Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

I recommend Orlando coz of Disney World, Sea World, and Universal Studios. It's my second fave city next to Vegas. Miami, 3rd ... Waity 32 and 35 aren't old! I would like to suggest Vegas too... but I know u're probably like, wth is she thinking?! There's more to Vegas than clubbing, and gambling. They have lots of great places to eat and the good news is, some of them r open til 4 am if not 24 hours. U can go to Mt. Charleston and hike, then go to Boulder City and visit Hoover Dam. Lotsa things to do! Plus Cali is within a 4-hr driving distance. Clearly, I'm promoting my City... but go for Orlando if u want it to be simply magical *_*
              sigpic
              S & C
              <3

Comment

I traveled a lot when I was in the USA. My favourite city was Chicago. Hands down. Love that place. It has beaches, museums, art galleries, boat trips and a stunning skyline! Otherwise I echo California :P San Francisco is a fantastic city (I wasn't that keen on L.A.) but I also loved Yosemite National Park.
                Si tu n'etais pas la
                Comment pourrais-je vivre
                Je ne connaitrais pas
                Ce bonheur qui m'enivre
                Quand je suis dans tes bras
                Mon coeur joyeux se livre
                Comment pourrais-je vivre
                Si tu n'etais pas la

Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you. It will set you free.
                Home could be anywhere when I am holding you

"DONT RUIN MY DREAM OF MINITURE HIPPOS"

Comment

I'm going to second the Chicago recommendation. There really is 1000 things to do for everyone. The first time my SO and I met was in Chicago though so I may be biased.

I've never been to San Francisco but this thread really makes me want to go.

Comment

Thank you all sooo much for all of these wonderful ideas! I'm going to copy them all for my SO to read. I'll let you guys know where we end up!

Comment

Working...
                    X