Can't Believe I Actually Did This...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Believe I Actually Did This...

...That I saved up a few thousands of dollars to see my boyfriend for a month come July? Heck yes!

Figured I'd update everyone on the good news. I somehow managed to save up $3,000 to see my boyfriend in Toronto for a month come this summer. When I was visiting him over Valentine's Day weekend, we even got to go see a house someone was offering to us for the month. The thing was four floors (including basement,) 2,200 square feet, and absolutely gorgeous. It's super close to downtown and they were even kind enough to offer it to us for $2,000 including utilities... $800 off their normal amount that they rent the house for. It's so nice when things seem to just fall into place. It was like pulling teeth getting the time off for the month from work, but I managed!

I even decided to go by AmTrak, instead of flying - both to save money, and because I thought a cross-country train ride would be quite fun.

July can't get here soon enough!

That's really cool, actually. (: I hope you have so much fun! It sounds like it will be pretty awesome!

Comment

That sounds wonderful! Have a fantastic time!
      "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

Great job at saving up the money! I'm sure you'll have an amazing time!
        Our love story:
        Attended the same high school 2004-2007
        Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
        Reconnected: August 2012
        Began dating LD: November 2012
        Engaged! March 2014
        Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

Congrats! Enjoy the time with your SO.

Comment

woah you did great! congrats and enjoy summer love time!

Comment

Ah, well done you! That sure is something to look forward to

Comment

Thank you everyone! I didn't think I'd be able to do it, but somehow, I managed. It seems so hard these days to save up large amounts of money. I did have to go without to do it, and make some sacrifices, but it was so totally worth it. No more cutting myself short now.

This one month will be a bit more "testing the waters" between him and I. While I do not have really any worries about living together, it will be so much easier to gauge how well we do with each other when we're with each other for more than just a few days. If all goes well (and I expect it will, I have no reason to think otherwise), I've decided that when I graduate school here in 2014 (I go to a three year school for a bachelor's), I am going to go to university up there in Toronto for a post-grad certificate program for a year for web programming to top off my graphic design degree.

Big changes ahead!

Comment

Awesome! I hope you have a great time

sigpic

Comment

Congrats, that's amazing! Also the train ride sounds like fun.

Comment

That sounds amazing!! Well done on the big save!! July is just around the corner!
                      ”I vow to fiercely love you in all your forms, now and forever. I promise to never forget that this is a once in a lifetime love. I vow to love you, and no matter what challenges might carry us apart, we will always find a way back to each other.”
                      The Vow

Comment

Working...
                      X