Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have your SO done romantic thing for your birthday?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have your SO done romantic thing for your birthday?

ohohoooo.. my bday is coming in 3 days and i super wait him to do something romantic for me.. even to sing me a bda song in skype or just send me a romantic letter by post.. but as he has never done such romantic things to me i am more then halfly sure that he will not do something like that what i am dreaming.. I think i will be a litte or more sad about it on my bday..
    i am super oposite one.. i super like doing surprises for him.. super crazy and funny ones.. once i sent him super funny socks at work and it was super lovely i think.. i have a big plan for his bday to surprise him from distance, but i dont know shall i continue doing to him surprises? becouse i love doing that but that thing that he is not doing anything cool for me i think maybe it will go strange if only i do such things? oh i dont know..

Not all guys are romantic. It took 3 birthdays for my SO to think of something haha. Sung me happy birthday and uploaded it on facebook. I don't really expect anything myself. I just think a happy birthday and possibly spending some uninterrupted time together is all I would ever want. Specially since this year was the first birthday I worked and I ended up either spending more time with customers or my house mates that threw a small party. e.e

Comment

I have to say that if you want to continue doing things for your SO than you should. For me i always do things for my man but because i want to. I take a lot of time thinking of different ways to surprise him, making him things, baking etc etc. Iunno it just makes me happy and thats enough.

I have said to him early in our courtship that he doesn't really do romantic things but tahts just him. He wrote me a silly poem for valentines day and thats probably as romantic as he gets. He tends to show me his affection with extremely mundane things. Like he sent me toothpaste because he knows i have sensitive teeth, not romantic at all! but he loves me and shows me in his own little way.

Comment

(She) sent me a really nice package for my birthday last year.

I had to leave a few days before her birthday this year but I made her a (lame) card and I bought her some makeup brushes and some makeup.

Comment

My birthday is tomorrow, and my SO is sending me a gift via post. However, I doubt he'll do anything for me tomorrow besides say "Happy Birthday". I don't think it crosses his mind to do anything else. I'll post again tomorrow if he proves me wrong. Hopefully he does. :P

Don't get me wrong. The gift itself will be great, I'm sure. I just wish he would do something nice while on Skype too. I would actually prefer that over a gift. I've told him, but he insists on sending me a gift. Then, he does nothing else. Maybe I'm wanting too much.
          Last edited by kria; March 28, 2013, 06:17 PM.
          sigpic

To read our love story, click here.

Comment

Kria it's already 29th of march on my time so happy bday to you ! wish you all the best !

Comment

Ohhh he just said to me that he will get me a birthday gift that time when we meet in real. ohh why is he such unromantic boy ? it made me go sad now .. i don't want from him any gift i just wanted him to be romantic and do something lovely for my bday ...

Comment

Some guys just aren't very romantic by nature. My SO isn't... I try to hint at stuff that I would love for him to surprise me with, etc. but he never does. I just have to appreciate that I love him and that being with him is great enough

sigpic

Comment

yess i love him too as super much, i love him as he is now..
                  it just made me sad that he doesnt want to do something sweety for me.. Maybe the only reason is distance becouse he is always doing super cool funny things to his family members..

Comment

On my birthday last year ( two days into our relationship) he took me out to dinner then hauled my drunk ass around for the night. That's pretty romantic to me lol. Well he also bought me tickets to see the neon trees on NYC =)
                    "You want for myself
                    You get me like no one else
                    I am beautiful with you

I am beautiful with you
                    Even in the darkest part of me
                    I am beautiful with you
                    Make it feel the way it's supposed to be
                    You're here with me
                    Just show me this and I'll believe
                    I am beautiful with you"

-Halestorm

Comment

My SO's birthday is 2 days. He just wants to chill and relax. Works for me.
                      https://wearenottrayvonmartin.tumblr.com/
                      Makes my heart feel better a tiny bit.

Comment

My SO is romantic but he's kinda clumsy too. Last year he came over and brought flowers for me as a surprise...then said he was going somewhere with his friends and left me alone at home! Dear God. But the flowers were cute as well as the letter he wrote to me. I wonder if he will do anything this year, but I guess I'll have enough of a birthday present with him coming home and closing the distance, which will be happening around those days if things keep on going fine.

Comment

He hasn't done much in the line of romantic... Though he proposed the unofficial time the week after my birthday... And, with where he is, he missed my birthday this past year but made up for it with a birthday card, a just because card and a belated anniversary​ card (since we had a fight on our anniversary).

Comment

I decided to kick it up myself if I wanted romance on my birthday, so I booked a flight and met him for the first time on my 32nd. He surprised me with a dozen roses at the airport, a stay in a lovely hotel, and a box of special gifts. I have a feeling if I hadn't booked the flight, we would have just typed on skype. Maybe if I was lucky, a phone call.

Comment

Mine is kind of like the opposite...well not entirely. My SO is very romantic and I love love it. On valentines day he sent me a empty wine bottle full of rose petals with a note inside. It was so sweet...and I didn't do anything for him but I don't think he minded. I always want to do sweet things for him like sending him letters but I always forget and if I say I will send one soon It usually happens a month later lol. I am horrible but he loves me

Comment

Working...
                              X