On saying I love you....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On saying I love you....

So a few days ago I came back from visiting my boyfriend.
    I finally said "I love you" to him and I knew there was the possibility that he would not say it back.
    It didn't happen but I felt more free to keep saying it because that is what I feel for him.

My question for you guys is...
    Now that you said I love you, do you keep saying it even though he hasn't said it?

I was a bit apprehensive to keep saying it because I didn't want him to feel pressured by me.

If you feel comfortable enough to say it to him, even though he isn't saying it back...then heck yes say it! He may feel pressured by you, but at least you have gotten your feelings out in the open. As soon as he feels that way too, then I am sure he will say it good luck!

Comment

It shouldn't matter. You shouldn't have to feel that you need to suppress your feelings. Just say what you feel and let it go from there. He will get there in his own time.

Comment

Personally I'd probably only use it very infrequently given the lack of reciprocation. Only because If I think of the situation reversed and my SO kept telling me they loved me when I didn't feel the same way if probably end up saying it just to not feel so awkward. So I'd probably not use it too much because I would want to know when he says it he hadn't felt pressured in anyway.

Comment

If I was in that situation I probably won't say it as frequent as every day. It's just me, but sometimes there might be awkward for the person that you say the words too if he/she isn't ready to reciprocate it yet.

Comment

Working...
          X