Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Irritability and short fused as my trip gets closer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irritability and short fused as my trip gets closer.

So, I'm due to visit my boyfriend next Thursday. I live in the UK, he lives in Buffalo New York. My last trip over there was 9 weeks ago - approaching 10. I've noticed with this wait in between trips, I'm getting irritated with my boyfriend so easily... I feel down a lot at the minute and kind of anxious as well, I guess. He isn't exactly doing anything to warrant me being irritated with him, as such.

I am worried about clearing immigration smoothly this time, thanks to the officer I had last time who basically said I might be sent right back home next time, because I'm travelling into the country frequently. (I always, always stay out of the US for twice as long -if not more, as I have stayed there. For example: last time I stayed almost 2 weeks, and I said above, that was approaching 10 weeks ago now.) As suggested by several people from this site, I've gotten together some documents which support the fact I have many ties here at home and I'm planning to get a short letter from my employer this week to take with me, too, stating my years of employment at my workplace and the date I am due back to work. I've never overstayed when I've visited my boyfriend (actually, I've never even come close to that - the longest I've stayed there is 3 weeks!), never broken any rules or regulations or done anything at all to raise suspicions.

But I don't think it's just this that I'm worried over. I feel like I have such a short fuse at the moment and I don't know why. It's like my boyfriend could tell me he's missing me and I might say something like 'I can't really do anything about that.' -- which is totally not like me... I just feel. I don't know. Really down about things, when I really shouldn't be. It's just 4 (FOUR!) days to go, until I get to spend 18 nights with the man I love dearly. Does anyone else get down and irritable when their trip comes around? Does anyone know why I could be feeling like this?

Hey Hun, personally i havent met my SO YET. 72 days to go for me!

But now the days are going by and its getting closer i seem to be snapping at him A LOT!! and i hate that im doing that to him because his so sweet!

Maybe your just missing him? even though your seeing him in 4 days!

I feel for you hunny. But think 18 brilliant days with him!! Yikess!!! lucky girl

Comment

Its normal to argue the closer your date gets for a visit. We argued a lot before he came! Emotions are at their highest during the waits. Try not to be too mean though <3 You'll be okay!
      Made it official: 12-01-10
      First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
      Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

Have the same now. Not that I have to worry about immigration (both in Europe) but I am snapping at him constantly. Right now I am totally irritated with him, on the verge of wondering what the heck is wrong with us... 2 days, then I will see him again. I guess it's kinda normal. The only advise I can give you is not saying anything in a moody moment that you don't want to. I try to act normal, and than just be really pissed AFTER skype, since (for me at least) it's something that has nothing to do with him in person, or with anything he does. (I think haha, from time to time I start fearing that we don't fit well together. But that all is gone when we are together again. Stupid distance)

Comment

I'm in the same boat, except this will be my first visit. I think we're both getting annoyed at each other cause we're just wishing the time would magically go away and I'd be with him tomorrow. I can't stop talking about the visit and I think it's annoying him. I'm even running out of things to talk about cause all I can think about is the trip, worrying about getting lost at the airports I'm going through, and getting through border security. I'm worried I won't be let in even thought this is my first trip overseas ever. Ahh...

It's so frustrating and I'm drained from worrying, not communicating well with my SO, etc.
          *First visit- 6/15/13-6/29/13*

*Second Visit- 6/21/14-7/5/14*

*My part of the K-1 Visa approved on 10/23/14*

*Fiancé had his Medical Appt. on 2/16/15*

*Fiancé's Visa Interview Appt and approved on 4/13/15*

*Fiancé received his Fiance Visa on 4/20/15*

*Closing the distance on 5/22/15*

Comment

I'm afraid I can't help with the snapping situation as I'm only meeting my SO for the first time next Tuesday so my only feelings are nerves and excitement. I do think there is always some stress associated with travelling anywhere and stressful situations lead most people to be short fused. As an aside I too am travelling from the UK to meet my American SO in New York at the same time you will be!

Comment

Count me in ! Under a month to go.... i "broke up" with him twice in one day... this makes it a whole new level of crazy and immature and out of control for me. I don't really know what to do to feel better...but a trying to take it one day at a time.

Comment

Yep I'm there with you, he's all we'll talk about things when we're together, but I want to argue things out now instead of waiting

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Halloween View Post
                  Its normal to argue the closer your date gets for a visit. We argued a lot before he came! Emotions are at their highest during the waits. Try not to be too mean though <3 You'll be okay!
                  Thank you for the support <3

It's starting to die down a little now (the irritability anyhow)... I just feel weirdly nervous. This isn't our longest wait by any means, but it feels like I'm preparing myself to meet him for the first time all over again. Bizarre!

Comment

Originally posted by summerkid View Post
                    Count me in ! Under a month to go.... i "broke up" with him twice in one day... this makes it a whole new level of crazy and immature and out of control for me. I don't really know what to do to feel better...but a trying to take it one day at a time.
                    I'm sorry you're having problems at the moment. I hope you start to feel better soon -- I know it's easy to say, but try to focus on being with your love. Time flies by so quickly these days! Wishing you the best <3

Comment

Working...
                    X