Carry on question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tooki View Post
    Can you just not put your purse into your carry on bag when you board the plane, and put the camera around your neck (assuming that you cannot get the camera to fit in the bag)
    haha i'm just teasing :P. I don't think i'm gonna end up bringing my laptop with me, i'll just use his. I can probably try to squeeze my purse into my bag and keep my camera around my neck. Thank you Tooks <3
    Made it official: 12-01-10
    First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
    Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

In my experiences a big book bag has been able to fit a lot of clothes as well as a laptop. I am also partial to backpacks just because of the separate pouches and that if you roll your clothes up they fit a lot more.

If you have a little rolley suitcase, go on youtube and type "how to pack a week in a carry on" --it really is magnificent!

Just landed on my vacation and my backpack worked fine Good luck!

Comment

Invest in a really big purse/small bag for your "personal item". If you're flying direct, you'll be able to fit the rolly-bag/suitcase in the overhead bin, and the smaller bag under the seat in front of you. Even if you've got a layover and are in smaller planes, you will be asked to gate check the larger of your two items. (They'll give that back to you once you get off the plane in your layover airport.)

Seriously, though, I've flown domestically practically every other month for the past 15ish months. I've only checked a bag... once. Feel free to bug me with questions if you have any.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
        Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
        Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Polychromize View Post
          In my experiences a big book bag has been able to fit a lot of clothes as well as a laptop. I am also partial to backpacks just because of the separate pouches and that if you roll your clothes up they fit a lot more.

If you have a little rolley suitcase, go on youtube and type "how to pack a week in a carry on" --it really is magnificent!

Just landed on my vacation and my backpack worked fine Good luck!
          WOW thank you so much! I found the perfect video and it really gave me some great tips on how to pack!

If anybody else is interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mERCMu-xH8
          Made it official: 12-01-10
          First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
          Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Halloween View Post
            WOW thank you so much! I found the perfect video and it really gave me some great tips on how to pack!

If anybody else is interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mERCMu-xH8

Thanks, that was pretty good. It will help me pack for my upcoming trips for my daughters youth group as well as any long trips to see my SO!

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Halloween View Post

If anybody else is interested:
              I am still a noob and am unable to post links. There is also another one with an older man who puts his pants on the bottom then fold them to "suck" everything in
              Also be sure to make sure your liquids are carryonable. As far as I've been able to tell they have to be in bottles less than 3oz and all fit in a one litre ziploc bag.

Comment

Working...
              X