It happened....he ended things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It happened....he ended things

It happened Friday. It took a few days for the reality of it to set in.

He texted me and when I asked what was up he said he'd rather talk about it. So I called and he said to call when I got home he wanted to talk to me. I felt it in my gut....heard it in the tone of his voice. I knew he was breaking up with me.

The first thing he said was he didn't feel the same way about me any more. He said he couldn't take the distance any more. He said we didn't want the same things from life atm...he wasn't ready to settle down [[really?! did it take a whole year and a half to realize this?]] didn't want to get married any time soon or have kids any time soon. He also said there were things he wanted to do that he couldn't do in a relationship.

I know we were both feeling the distance a little more lately and we weren't communicating as well any more. I thought it was just one of those difficult patches and that we'd work through it (as we've done with everything else). We only had 7 months before he was home for food....I'm defintley at a loss as what to do wit myself.

I am so sorry! If you need to talk to someone for support or anything, feel free to message me. I've been with my boyfriend for 1 year and 7 months. He broke up with me about 2 months ago for the same reasons, but then he realized that he made a big mistake and that he was just confused and needed to see me. I hope everything works out for you! I really really do! Remember if you need to vent or something just message me. *hugs*

Comment

*hugs* I'm so sorry that this happened to you. Keep your head up. It sounds to me like he just wants to be able to fool around. Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but the line "things he wanted to do that he couldn't do in a relationship" makes me think he just doesn't want to commit to someone right now. And you definitely deserve someone that will commit to you. I'm sorry that I don't have better advice. I know it's hard. Best of luck and you know that everyone here is willing to offer support.
      First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

I am super sorry :\ everyone here is behind you and I'm pretty sure not one person wouldn't be there for you if you needed to talk.

Comment

Wow, must be the season for breakups.

I'm sorry this happened and that it took him so long to realize that he wasn't ready for any relationship, near or far, and the commitments that come with it. You have all our support.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyMarchHare View Post
            Wow, must be the season for breakups.

I'm sorry this happened and that it took him so long to realize that he wasn't ready for any relationship, near or far, and the commitments that come with it. You have all our support.

I'm with you on that one about the seasons on when people break up. When its around fall and winter, people start hooking up with each other. But when spring and summer comes in, everybody wants to break up and see other people. I guess it's because winter is too cold to go outside to do anything really at all while summer is warm enough to go out, have a "good" time, and explore more.

BJL_Sweetheart1109:
            I'm so sorry that this has happen to you. I know how you feel because I had been in a similar situation, but it was a lot worse for me with getting over him seeings I was in a relationship longer with my ex. You deserve someone who wants to settle down with you, be a good husband to you, and wants children with you too. I hope you find someone better that can fit you in that category. I'm sorry that I can't give you any good advice this time, but all I can say is keep ya head up and stay strong. I know ya can.

♥Now on we go♥
            ♥To where no one knows♥
            ♥But I know, that I love you even more♥
            ♥Tears we cry♥
            ♥Asking myself why♥
            ♥Did I let the only one that I love go♥
            ♥You were meant for me♥
            ♥Darling can't you see♥
            ♥This is your song♥
            Your song (For you) By Glenn Lewis

You'll be my hubby and I'll be your wifey, so let's be together in bliss for "lifey" lol
            (I know it's cheesy, just bare with the siggy XP)

Comment

I'm here for you and I completely understand what you are going through. My guy and I of 3 years broke up on July 25th so if you need to talk i'm here to listen =)

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

I am so so sorry! At a complete loss of what to say! Just know we are all here for you if or when you need to vent.

Comment

Everybody seems to be breaking up lately, wtf! I'm so sorry to hear that...

Comment

I feel really sorry for you, but you need to do the best out of it. Even if the positive sites aren't that obvious at the moment, you will see they will pop up someday! Keep your head up!
                    (I would hope it was a bad joke, but it really seems it wasn't one.)
                    *gives cookies*

Comment

I feel really sorry for you, but you need to do the best out of it. Even if the positive sites aren't that obvious at the moment, you will see they will pop up someday! Keep your head up!
                      (I would hope it was a bad joke, but it really seems it wasn't one.)
                      *gives cookies*

Comment

Awwwww no, I'm so sorry ♥

Comment

awww im sorry to hear this *Huggles*

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear this. You deserve someone who makes you happy, and if he isn't willing to be on the same life path, well... he doesn't realize what an awesome person he's missing out on spending the rest of his life with.

*hugs and cookies*

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

*hugs* im sorry that this happened... im sure your feeling all down and miserable.. but weather your in an LDR or not you still have this communities support. Hang in there hun.

Comment

Working...
                              X