Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Packing Essentials

67 days now ..

Ok, So i know it isnt just a week away. But personally i liked to be organised.

I'm from London as most of you may know and i am flying to Kansas (Manhattan) to visit my So. (first visit)

Its going to be in June, so it will be hot. But what can i pack? i mean i dont want to wear the same old thing day in day out. I dont exactly know what we will have planned throughout my 10 days. I want to look pretty but than again casual. Because i dont know what girls in kansas wear apart from cowgirl boots (justin said) LOL.

Also what the hell to pack in my flight bag? :/ im going out of my mind already and i aint even a week from the day yet!!

Could some share there experience and what they did? Thankfully i will have a stop over flight in Chicago for a couple of hours which gives me enough time to change and freshen up

Summer dresses can be dressy but casual depending on what shoes/jewlery you put with them!
    Made it official: 12-01-10
    First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
    Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Halloween View Post
      Summer dresses can be dressy but casual depending on what shoes/jewlery you put with them!
      Here she is ... Thats very true. i would usally wear a dress just with sandles or converses! im not really a jewlery person to be fair!

Comment

How long are you going?

Comment

Originally posted by Catface View Post
          How long are you going?
          10 days hun

Comment

Ten days isn't super long so you'll be able to bring anything you want as long as your suitcase isn't full and/or too heavy. I wouldn't worry so much about your looks, just remember that he's probably never really seen your clothes before so it won't be 'the same old thing' even if you wear something twice.
            As for your other question (depending on the airline you're flying with..) your on-board luggage can usually be quite heavy, around 12 kilo's I believe. I always put my heavy things like my shoes in there, and then of course a book, an empty water bottle to fill up on the airport, possible gifts for the family, etc. (But no lotion/shower articles! They are always so heavy but not allowed in your carry-on..) But really, you'll be absolutely fine! Just think about what you would usually use in 10 days

Comment

Originally posted by MissButterfly View Post
              just remember that he's probably never really seen your clothes before so it won't be 'the same old thing' even if you wear something twice.
              I never thought of this to be fair! Haha .. good point to make! I guess i just don't want to look like all the other girls but at the same time i dont want to stand out too much!

I am more of a denium short converses and a tshirt kind of girl! or even a casual dress and converses Hopefully hell still see it as me making an effort!

Comment

tooth brush is always a good choice
                but being serious,depends on your style and ur SO preferences.and dont think about other people or whatsoever,be yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Louise_B View Post
                  67 days now ..
                  Because i dont know what girls in kansas wear apart from cowgirl boots (justin said) LOL.
                  LOL we so don't wear cowboy boots hahaha. It's pretty laid back here! Jeans, tee shirts (or a nicer blouse), sundress...

If you can, wear a pair of shoes that goes with everything. I made the mistake of taking two pairs of shoes, and it was such a waste of space!

I haven't read the other replies, but for your carry on bag, I'd take one change of clothing in case something happens to delay your luggage, a book, magazines, or ipod, ipad, laptop, (being squished next to strangers is only entertaining for about two minutes haha). Any valuables, all of your travel paperwork of course, any medication you're bringing, your camera, enough cosmetics (if you wear them) to get you by if your luggage is delayed, glasses, contacts, a pen and notepad... so basically a few things for boredom, and the basic essentials to get you by without your luggage. Thats my best advice.

Comment

I agree with garnet on the carry on bag... To be honest I would bring less electronics though, since they tend to take up room and it takes forever for me to pack them back down after the security check :P
                    The empty waterbottle and medications are usually my priorities in my carry on. I dont usually put a lot of heavy stuff in it if I have checked luggage as well, since it gets really frustrating draggging it through the airports...
                    Do take one or more set of clothes in there as well as toothbrush. All documenrs, passport, visas, prescriptions, boarding passes and stuff you dont want to lose like camera and phone with charger are other things that I would put there. Check with the airline what you can put in your carry on and do check how much weight you can have and how big the bag can be. You dont want to end up paying extra to check it or repack at the airport... You could always make a packing list, or two (one for checked and one for carry on...)
                    Have a great time!
                    We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

Working...
                    X