Ever fallen asleep talking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever fallen asleep talking?

Its kind of cute in a way. My SO and I will be talking late at night and I'm normally using my phone sending messages and well just both,be imagining were together and sometimes were so tired we fall asleep. In our own way its very special because it feels like were actually together so I really love it.

I've never fallen asleep on the phone. Though he has woken me up in the middle of the night and I've drifted between talking and snoozing. I also have sleep apnoea, so I have to wear this loud annoying mask, (for me it's loud, not so much for anyone who's not wearing it) so falling asleep isn't possible while talking on the phone.

Sometimes, I'll be falling asleep while texting him and the phone will vibrate and wake me up, but yeah I can imagine it would be nice to just talk until you both slept, like you were in the same room...sounds nice
    Joey & Scott
    Met: April 2002
    Lost Contact: August 2002
    Reconnected: April 2010
    Together: May 20th 2010

[COLOR="#800080"]"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

When we're together (in the flesh) sure. I once had to tell him to stop talking because I was dozing off and hadn't understood what he'd been saying for a good couple of minutes so it was wasted conversation.

On the phone or skyp, never.
      I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Over Skype I haven't and we can't actually call each other on the phone. We normally fall asleep texting.:-)

Comment

We both work the overnight shift, and stay up to get our kids off to school in the morning, so after we drop off kids we will call and talk, and it has happened many times on both ends where pretty soon, you realize the person you are talking to has fallen asleep. I love to sit and listen to him breathe heavy, and make his little snoring sounds.

Comment

For us it happened many times :P Especially in this month because of him studying in library till late at night, he called me after getting back home and he slept in almost five minutes

Comment

we have a 9 hour time difference and I Skype with him whist I'm in bed when he finishes work (5pm his time, 2am my time) so I usually fall asleep on Skype with him, he leaves the Skype running and sometimes sends me pictures of when I look particularly cute whilst sleeping

He is usually in bed/asleep by the time I wake up so it's not as often that he falls asleep on Skype with me, but it has happened quite a lot when we were on a 11 hour time difference.
              Met Online: February 2009
              Feelings grew: January 2011
              First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
              Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
              Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
              Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
              Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
              Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
              Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
              Engaged: 1st of July 2012
              Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
              Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
              Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
              Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
              Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
              Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Weirdly enough, I've fallen asleep standing and brushing my teeth, but never on skype with my SO (that I remember). For most of the time we were LD, he was 5 hours ahead of me so I'd be up for a good while after he went to bed. When we were in the same time zone, he had to study for his actuarial exams after work so we wouldn't skype late enough!

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
                Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Never over Skype or when physically together.

The other day though, I fell asleep while texting. There is a 7 hours difference between us, so we normally text when he gets up/I'm ready to go to bed.
                  I was sooo tired that night, I eventually crashed. about 15 mins later, I woke up and was still grabbing my iPod! I was a bit confused, then I checked and there were some messages from him . He assumed -rightly- that I had fallen asleep. I said Im sorry and laughed at the same time... then went back to sleep.

Comment

I just realised that you could have also meant fallen asleep while talking together in the same place... I have, the first time we saw each other in eight years we spent every night talking once we'd gone to bed and a few times I dropped off, or he did mid sentence! It's usually something we joke about together!
                    Joey & Scott
                    Met: April 2002
                    Lost Contact: August 2002
                    Reconnected: April 2010
                    Together: May 20th 2010

[COLOR="#800080"]"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

My SO can fall asleep on dime and does so all the time when skype. One sec she's wide awake and the next she's passing out. lol It's kinda funny cause I tease her all the time that she can sleep just about anywhere. I've done it, but only when I'm REALLY tired.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                      Married April 18th, 2015!!
                      Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

I don't, but he does, with some frequency. I don't think it's cute though, I think it's sad, because it reminds me of how little sleep he manages to get. He sacrifices a lot in order to talk to me every day.
                        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

my SO has definitely fallen asleep... but then he does this thing where he is passing out, but will sort of come to and check if I am still there.. I fiind that sort of intimate and comforting .. and I feel like suca a creeper cause I sort of tend to still watch him. I guess this happens because at first I was waiting for him to wake up .. or wasn't sure if he was actually going to fall asleep, so I didn't want to make noise and disturb.
                          I do NOT want to be that person who watches their SO sleep haha.. so I hope this will not happen in person too ( my bet is that I will try and wake him up mwahaha )

Comment

It happened to me a couple times and it's like Moon says - because I get so little sleep in order to talk to him everyday.
                            He usually lets me sleep and only wakes me up to tell me to go to bed rather than sleeping on my desk.
                            It hasn't happened in person yet (mainly because I get MUCH more sleep when I'm with him - time difference sucks >.<)

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                            First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                            Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                            Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                            Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                            Married: 1/24/2015
                            Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

My SO and I haven't fallen asleep on the phone, on FaceTime, or Skype but have over texts. He goes into work early (6 or 7) most days and he's three hours ahead of me. He usually goes to bed around 9:30 or 10 so we'll be texting and he'll stop replying. It doesn't bug me because I know he needs to get that rest. We were FaceTiming one night and he was so tired but didn't want to go to bed because we had barely talked that day. It was mega cute seeing him all sleepy looking again
                              Our love story:
                              Attended the same high school 2004-2007
                              Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
                              Reconnected: August 2012
                              Began dating LD: November 2012
                              Engaged! March 2014
                              Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

Working...
                              X