And so it ends...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And so it ends...

I’ve been MIA for a while trying to work on salvaging my relationship. We took a break for a couple of weeks in March after he sprung on me that the distance was getting too much bear. This when we were just 6 months away from our first visit. After having been together for a little over a year. Long story short, we took a break and he decided he wanted to get back together. The next few weeks that followed seemed like a strain on him. He wouldn’t talk about the issues that were on his mind or plans for the future (which I always had but made him feel trapped) nor did he want to fix anything. The distance was just looming like a dark monster and that’s all he could see. No light at the end of the tunnel, no silver lining. There was no use prolonging the inevitable and I broke up with him over the weekend hoping to just be friends. Its going to take a while to get there because my heart really isn’t in this. I would have wanted to make it work but there’s only so much you can do when one side is tugging and the other has his heels firmly rooted into the ground refusing to budge.

Maybe we were never the right fit for each other. Maybe we rushed into it before we really got to know each other. Whatever the case, I’ve learned a lot from this. It takes a hell of a lot more than attraction to get through relationships whether close-distance or not. Effort is paramount and it was lacking. I forgave stumbles that I never thought I would forgive. I bent my rules and I took a leap of faith.

You're a wonderful bunch of people on here and I wish you all the best of luck. Despite the fact that this ended bitterly there was so much to gain, perhaps I might still have something to contribute to this forum so I might stick around and lurk (:
    “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

I'm sorry to hear that things didn't work out for you. Be kind to yourself

Comment

Hey, that just sucks... I wish it could have gone better for you both..

I've always hated it when people say this to me after something bad happens, but I hate it less after every time they turn out to be right, and they do, every time;
      You'll be alright.

Just take your time and don't be afraid to ask people for help or support.

Comment

I'm so sorry it didn't work out. Wish you all the world's happiness
        I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Take care... You have lots of support if you ever need to talk. You're not alone.

Comment

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. I always believe in that saying,"Everything happens for a reason." You're not alone and we're all here if you need an ear. Best of luck to you in your future.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
            Back Together: August 1,2012
            First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
            Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
            Engaged: January 17,2013
            Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
            Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
            We Got Married! - July 3,2014
            SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
            Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

I'm really sorry to hear this. Take good care of yourself and let the healing process begin.
              Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

So sorry to hear about your relationship ending. Like the others have said, be kind to yourself and you'll always a support team behind your back on here.

Comment

Awww I'm so sorry about your breakup! Sounds like you made the right decision for you, and I hope you can heal the best you can.
                  "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

so sorry to hear that! hope you feel better soon, big hug!

Comment

Awh, thank you all for your kind words of support and encouragement <3
                      “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

Oh no, I'm really sorry to hear this... echoing everyone else in that we're here for you if you need us. I hope you start to feel better soon

Comment

All I can offer you is a hug.

Hope you heal, and LFAD is always here to give you a virtual hug.

Comment

I'm so sorry too and here a big hug for you

My LDR also didn't work, and still I'm healing myself. Breaking up is never be easy, especially if it's long distance and even we haven't met yet. But, this is may be the best thing that could happen. I don't know is it good enough if two people in healing talk to each other, but seriously, if you need to rant about anything, I'm here.
                            Jon Lawrence: I love you because you are succesful, intelligent, have a great nerdy personality.
                            Jon Lawrence: Love me for all my faults
                            Jon Lawrence: You have a good head on your head.
                            Jon Lawrence: and you are FUCKING AMAZING LOOKING!

sigpic

Comment

I'm so sorry that this happened Know that we are all here for you. It sucks when the relationship ends, but you are right that it has to be working on both sides and it sounds as if it wasn't...and that sucks too. I do hope you manage to stay friends if that's what you want...

More It will get better, it's gonna hurt for a while, but you will get through this...
                              Joey & Scott
                              Met: April 2002
                              Lost Contact: August 2002
                              Reconnected: April 2010
                              Together: May 20th 2010

[COLOR="#800080"]"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                              X