Now I'm missing everyone..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I'm missing everyone..

My dad lives in Canada with his wife and 2 children I haven't seen them in 3 years .... and my brother lives in Prague and I think it's been 9 months since I have seen him.

This doesn't normally bother me. My dad has lived in Canada since I was 4 so has been there for 19 years. a few months ago I would have said that it wouldn't bother me if I never saw my dad again (horrible thing to say I know). but now since Steve has been away.. I found my self missing them all.. and it's starting to make me feel a bit sad... booo to distance.
    ”I vow to fiercely love you in all your forms, now and forever. I promise to never forget that this is a once in a lifetime love. I vow to love you, and no matter what challenges might carry us apart, we will always find a way back to each other.”
    The Vow

have you tried to skype with him?
    i am prepairing my mom in that way and she doesn't miss me that much anymore..

Comment

I understand how you feel! I'm in the military and 4,000 miles from my family (less from the family I have in California but still far). I miss everyone too but I find that talking to them and skyping with them when we can, helps a lot! Having people to hangout with locally and staying busy with things I enjoy helps me a lot. I tell people that I'm not "home sick" but more "family and boyfriend sick" It gets easier to deal with as time goes on.
      Our love story:
      Attended the same high school 2004-2007
      Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
      Reconnected: August 2012
      Began dating LD: November 2012
      Engaged! March 2014
      Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

Since we were in our mid-teens, my brother and I have managed to spend the majority of our time away from our parent's home, and each other. My brother and I are averaging seeing each other about three weeks every year.

The thing that stops me missing my family too much is using lots of different ways to stay in touch. My brother rings me a couple of times a week, texts me most days, and sends me stupid stuff on facebook every now and again. My Dad texts me, rings me, and sends me about a million photos by email of what he and my Mum are up to. Obviously, if your brother is in Prague and your Dad is in Canada, they can't exactly ring you regularly, so skyping/facebook messaging/email are probably your best shots at staying in touch. If you miss them, just send them a little message. It'll make you feel better, and when they respond, it WILL make you feel more connected. It sounds obvious, but just talking to them can make you feel a lot better. It's like a reassurance that they're still themselves, and they're still thinking about you, and you're still important to them. It can be easy to forget when you're so far apart.

Comment

Working...
        X