Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I love him soo much! I can hardly believe hes doing this to be with me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love him soo much! I can hardly believe hes doing this to be with me!

My SO said he is planning on flying up to see me soon. He also said be will be moving to NC in the future because he can't bare the thought of being so far away from me. My family is quite hesitant at the fact we met online and they don't yet know he will move here eventually. He wants my dads blessing on our relationship and to get to know them. He said his grandparents would love to have him live with them until he can find his own place one day. His grandparents live 3 hours away from me. I'm still speechless that he would do all this for me and us. He said he doesn't want to ask me to leave my family, so he's "coming home" one day to NC. We both feel very strongly that we are meant to be and I feel that if my parents knew he would love here, they may feel better about us. I have yet to tell them he's visiting soon and I am scared to say it to them. I'm 23 years old and want their approval so much.

I've read through this post a number of times, trying to think of what advice I could offer you. I'm older, at 31, but I also want(ed) my parents approval in regards to my relationship. My dad has been very good at giving me his approval in both my choice to have a relationship long distance and to be with Scott. It helps that he has met him twice and Scott and him get on really well.

My mum on the other hand is cynical, I've been in an LDR before that broke down and her first words were "I told you this would happen" :/ However, she has met Scott and is becoming less cynical about the whole thing.

The only advice I can give you is to be frank with them, tell them how you feel, tell them how he feels and accept that they may not give their approval straight away, it may take time. Do you still live at home? If so, it may be that you need to let them speak with him at some point, allow them to get to know the man you know. He's not coming to stay with them, but will be visiting you so that should ease some of their worries as he won't be staying overnight in their house.

Most of all, good luck! Let us know how it goes
    Joey & Scott
    Met: April 2002
    Lost Contact: August 2002
    Reconnected: April 2010
    Together: May 20th 2010

[COLOR="#800080"]"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

what joeybug says! talk talk talk! it took me some time to to talk to my mom about my SO but once i told him everything about him she was oke with him.
      most parents just want there kids to be happy

Comment

Working...
      X