officially an LDR in 9 days.. :/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

officially an LDR in 9 days.. :/

In 9 days (Friday the 13th haha) I leave California for college 800 miles away in another state. I've been crying almost everyday for a month just thinking about having to say goodbye to my boyfriend. I'm scared and I don't know if I'll actually be able to say goodbye at the airport. Any advice?

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened. My boyfriend and I have a rule, and that's there's no crying allowed when we're parting because it makes no sense to cry over a relationship that's as strong and filled with love as ours is. It doesn't mean it's easier to part, but the separation is temporary - an annoying, frustrating temporary situation. Keep that in mind, and try to focus on all of the good, not the separation itself.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Don't cry! The distance isn't too bad. Believe it or not, it can make your relationship stronger!

Comment

i think that's great advice that is easier said than done. I thought trying to tell him everything i wanted to there would be too hard so i wrote him a letter instead that i'll give him when we r saying goodbye. i really do hope that this will make our relationship stronger. thanks

Comment

It ll surely make your relationship stronger!

Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
          And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends (or lovers).
          ~Richard Bach

Comment

I was put in a similar situation as you, except my boyfriend was the one who had to move away. My advice is that even though you want to, in the end crying doesn't solve anything. Keep your head up, and in the end, it'll make your relationship stronger and you will cherish them even more than you do now. We're all here for you.

Comment

Working...
            X