Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My parents want to talk with me soon about my LDR?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My parents want to talk with me soon about my LDR?!

The first time I talked to them I had just told them we met online and we sort of all were freaking out. This time she wants to have some sort of civil conversation about it.I asked her if she wants to talk with my SO and she said no. How can I calmly tell them that I believe in us and that this will work? I'm 23.

Exactly like that. Tell them you believe in that relationship and you want to do everything to make it work. Tell your mum how your SO makes you feel.

Don't disagree with everything they say and listen to it. Don't panic, don't answear rashly and don't pick up topics about moving locations (topics like that freak parents out like hell)

I'd also tell them you want to take it slow and rationaly analyze your future together.

As much as you can act like rationaly thinking adult and not love-stricken teenager.

That's my advice after I kinda fucked up my first talk with my parents, but your parents might be different so adapt it acordingly.

Good luck!
    “We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness — and call it love — true love.”
    ― Robert Fulghum, True Love

Met UK 3.08.2012-5.08.12 ->UK 1.12.12-3.12.12->PL 8.02.13-16.02.13->PL 1.06.13-9.06.13->UK 3.08.13-17.08.13->UK 26.10.2013-02.11.2013->PL 30.11.2013-08.12.2013->PL 22.03.2014-29.03.2014->UK 31.05.2014-07.06.2014->PL 06.09.2014-13.09.13->UK 20.12.2014-03.01.2015
    Closed the distance >21.03.2015
    sigpic

Comment

How long has your relationship lasted?
      I think you are old enough to make your own decisions (parents intervening would be understandable if you were 16) and he is from the same continent.
      I personally don't see the problem (I might change my mind when my daughters are older...lol).
      But I guess it is understandable though that they are worried and want to best for you.
      If you still live under their roof it might be a problem that will only get solved through time, you both showing them that it will work and that he isn't a 60 year old axe murderer.

Comment

Okay, I just had a discussion with my parents about my SO. My mom and dad are still hesitant because he lives in New Mexico. I have told them that he is willing to move up here to be closer to me but they are also afraid of the possibility of him feeling homesick and wanting to move home.

Comment

Working...
        X