Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long did it take your parents to accept your LDR?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm well into adulthood so my dad's approval didn't matter. He didn't particularly love the idea, but the relationship I have with my dad is he cautiously warns me of things and I nod and smile and do what I want. It's always been that way. He told me "these types" of relationships usually don't work out, and I told him that most of any kind of relationship don't work out Any way, he met my SO with a smile and has always been fine with him.

He didn't like me moving, but that has nothing to do with my relationship and everything to do with me going 8,000 miles away.

Met online: 1/30/11
    Met in person: 5/30/12
    Second visit: 9/12/12
    Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

I don't really know, they haven't interfered in my relationships for a long time. They did ask me to be cautious though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiyama View Post
        0 minutes. I'm an adult and my parents wouldn't interfere with my life if it wasn't absolutely necessary.
        This!! My parents know I'm a wild spirit and they've learnt to accept that I don't do things the regular way, they were a bit, ah really, like they saw it coming! Lol, but there we are, they are ok with it, they've both talked to my SO couple times on phone or webcam, of course they had concerns and opinions they shared, but they never showed a distaste or try to get me to stop, they just understood, they know I've tried to find someone special here and it has never worked, they've been me be hurt several times and they just want me to be happy, they will always help me and support me so I'm lucky I guess, not that anything they could say would stop me lol

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
        2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
        3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
        4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
        5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
        6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
        7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
        Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
        UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

I'd say it was after I went to visit my SO, a month after we started our relationship. I think they realized that I was serious about him and they stopped questioning it.

Comment

Right after my parents met him in person they were fine with it.
            "I love the stars and the moon because I know that I'm always sitting under the exact same ones as you"

Comment

Working...
            X