Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When you met your SO for the first time..how dId you react?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn't sure if I was going the right way and then I saw him! I jumped up and down waving to him!
    Then I walked the wrong way.. trying to get in through a door that was leading into the other directions so people tried to help me find a way... while he was standing there trying to make me walk towards him.
    Then we hugged and I tried holding onto him because I knew the next thing to come was our kiss.... So when he released the grip I said "wow I can't believe how thin you are!!" he looked at me, leaned in and kissed me and said "I knew it wouldn't be awkward." :P

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
    Married: 1/24/2015
    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I honestly wish I was more ready to attack him at the time, but I was so nervous. This feels so long ago now.

"I love the stars and the moon because I know that I'm always sitting under the exact same ones as you"

Comment

We met in person and by complete accident, but I remember walking into the bar, and there she was, behind the counter, we looked at each other, smile and kinda shy'd away, we just started talking and my friend (he lives in Thailand and knows her a little as he goes to the same bar often) said he's never seen her like that before, so shy etc, it was cute to be honest, we just talked and went from there, hardly spent a moment apart from that day onwards of the holiday

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
        2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
        3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
        4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
        5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
        6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
        7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
        Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
        UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

He had been waiting for me for a couple of hours outside of baggage claim. Finnair's ground personnel were on strike, my flight had been cancelled and the next one was 30 minutes late so instead of getting there at 7 pm as planned, I arrived around midnight, and still no suitcase in sight. I kinda forgot about him, didn't really strike me that he was waiting just outside, and my phone didn't work in Finland (found out once I got there) and there were no payphones in the area but he patiently waited until I asked if it was ok to get out and get back in again to wait for my suitcase. When I walked out to where he was and saw him I thought "yep, looks about right" (I was getting images of all the pictures he'd sent me over the years. We had never Skyped prior to meeting, which is crazy when I think of it, but it turned out fine) and then "he walks kinda funny" (he doesn't really, I was just too tired). We hugged but it wasn't a passionate "OMG YOU'RE FINALLY HERE" hug. Kinda mechanical because I was, as I said, exhausted and he is a bit shy. Then we walked back to the baggage claim area and waited another hour sitting next to each other, touching, hugging, and it started sinking it
          I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

When we first met, I walked into the video store, saw him and smiled. He was nice to me but nothing came of that as I was on holiday in the US and although we kept in touch for a little while, there wasn't a relationship there other than friendship.

The first time I saw him after eight years? I was sat in my chair at the gate and was anxiously waiting...he came out, I said Hi, and he walked off. I thought that maybe he hadn't realised it was me and then he came back, gave me a massive hug and said "I didn't ignore you, I just forgot to go through baggage claim because I was so pumped to be here and with you" and that made me grin like an idiot for a long time...after that, I was all nervous about him being here and me showing him the sights and such.
            Joey & Scott
            Met: April 2002
            Lost Contact: August 2002
            Reconnected: April 2010
            Together: May 20th 2010

[COLOR="#800080"]"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Well, I was waiting for him at international arrivals; there were 3 different doors along the wall that people were arriving through and my eyes were darting back and forth trying to figure out which door he was going to come through, it was like watching tennis!

As soon as he walked through (the middle door, for anyone wondering) we saw each other straight away, I remember feeling like a crazy person with how much I was smiling as soon as I saw him, he was smiling too. We walked towards each other and met at the end of the barrier; I think we said 'hi' and went in for a hug, I was expecting a short friendly hug and pulled away quite quickly.. He said "I'm not done yet" and pulled me back into the hug before I could escape.. it was so sweet and calmed my nerves, made me sure that he was happy and liked what he saw (me) after traveling all that way.
              Met Online: February 2009
              Feelings grew: January 2011
              First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
              Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
              Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
              Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
              Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
              Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
              Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
              Engaged: 1st of July 2012
              Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
              Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
              Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
              Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
              Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
              Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

We are one of those crazy couples that met in person first...
                But the first time we met to try this couple thing, it was pretty awesome. We decided to meet at the movie theater, and when he got there, I got out of my car and waited for him to walk to me. I remember thinking he was better looking than I remembered, and got all self conscious about how this was going to go, and if he would still find me attractive. He calmed my fears right away by smiling at me and pulling me into a huge hug. He tried to kiss me, but I didn't know what was going on and I turned my head and he ended up kissing the side of my mouth, awkward...

Then we went into the movie and spent the majority of it kissing. I asked him not too long ago if he remembers anything about that movie, and he had to admit that he didn't even remember what we saw. He spent the entire movie looking at me instead of watching the movie.

Comment

First time we met was at the airport. I got to the airport early and kept walking in and out of the arrivals area to have a cigarette (i was super nervous!). It was way past the time he was supposed to be out and i was wondering why he wasn't out yet. Then the bad thoughts crept in like "he didnt get on the flight?"..."did he ditch me?" Then i saw him log on skype and my heart dropped. He messaged me (i can't remember what was said) and he then asked me where i was and he told me he was at the computer terminal, i was like whereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee? And thats when i saw him, he turned around and walked straight to me smiling. I just stood there apparently going bright red (my chest was red too apparently lol). He came over and said hey (i dont remember if i said hello) and i just turned around and walked back to my car.

He got hsi luggage into my car and then tried to get into the drivers side of my car! lol I laughed at him and probably insulted him hehe. Well we had our first kiss in my car and the whole way home he was stroking my hair and my neck. Oh my it was soooo hard to concentrate on the drive home and i told him so. I was like come on man! we're gonna get into an accident and thats when he stopped xD

Comment

Some of these are so cute!

We met at the airport and by the time i was cleared by customs there was only one other family waiting for someone from our plane so i spotted him right away. He was wearing a blue Toronto Maple Leafs jersey and i was wearing my white one... to help us find each other. He smiled, i smiled and he walked over to greet me and we hugged. Prior to that i was crapping myself with nerves but the second we hugged it evapourated. I introduced myself to his mother and we hugged. My SO took my suitcase and we headed out towards the car. We just kept looking at each other and smiling, poking each other in the arm just to make sure this was real. We held hands in the car and just keep looking at each other like a pair of love sick kids.

Always makes me smile thinking about it.
                    As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

I love these threads!

I could re-read others first story and re-tell mine forever!

When I got to the airport (super early due to drama that makes a whole other story) my flight was cancelled it was in the early hours of the morning and so I was texting with SO telling him I had to reschedule for a later flight, etc. SO we updated our time table about when he would come get me, and he went to sleep. As soon as the check in desk opened, I checked in. They asked me why I was checking in so early so I explained about my cancelled flight. They said there was an earlier flight too but after they looked into it, it seemed to be fully booked. So I stayed with my later flight, did the whole security / customs pre-clearance thing and went to the gate to wait. Right before the earlier flight was supposed to take off, they called me to the gate and asked me if I wanted to take the earlier flight after all.. so I thought why not.. I was rushed down to the plane, the engines were already on when I took the stairs up the plane. I sat in the one remaining seat and the plane departed immediately. The good news was that I would be able to get my original connection on time and I jut hoped they would still have my seat available (since they had rebooked me for a later connection) So I arrived early enough, that they officially rebooked me for the original connection but also put me on stand by for an even earlier plane. I was trying to contact my SO to tell him the different possible times I could be coming in at, but I couldn't reach him. Finally when I got in to an earlier flight (first class on standby!) I had only time to send him a super quick email telling him I'd be there earlier, and I had no way of knowing if he'd gotten it.

When I got out to the arrivals and luggage claim in Dallas, I looked around the whole terminal and could not find him. I tried to call him but my phone was dead and I couldn't get my credit card to work in the payphones... So I went to the bathroom and redid my hair and make up...then I left the terminal and walked around a little to enjoy to Texas heat... I went back in and I thought the humidity must have done a number on my hair and make-up so I went back in the bathroom to freshen up again... When I left the bathroom, I saw him immediately. His back was to me, he was across the room but there was no doubt in my mind who he was. I walked slowly and deliberately towards him. He was talking to an airport employee asking after my flight. Once I was behind him I casually asked him "Are you looking for somebody?" and he immediately turned around and took me in his arms. He kissed me right there and then.

We kissed many more times in the airport, and outside the airport, and in the parking lot where he could not remember where he parked his car and then in his car...

We were going on a road trip to San Antonio, so we got right on the interstate and drove until I admitted I was starving. We stopped in the small community of West Texas (where that horrible fertilizer plant explosion happened last week ) at this little hole-in-the-wall sort of TexMex joint called Leo. And I don't know if it'ss because I was starving or just all the emotions involved at that point, but I still remember the food there as being the most amazing meal I've ever had!!
                      First met online: June, 2010
                      First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
                      Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
                      Third visit together: August, 2012
                      Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
                      Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
                      Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
                      Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

I love reading everyone's first time meeting with their SO It's great to see so many people connected and their different experiences
                        Joey & Scott

[COLOR="#800080"]"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Love these stories!! Oh I miss my SO soo badly, hopefully he's coming to meet for the first time soon! I love him so much and am so excited and nervous about how I'll react but I'm ready. Any tips?

Comment

Originally posted by katiecat08 View Post
                            Love these stories!! Oh I miss my SO soo badly, hopefully he's coming to meet for the first time soon! I love him so much and am so excited and nervous about how I'll react but I'm ready. Any tips?
                            Just take each moment as it comes! Enjoy your visit!
                            Joey & Scott

Comment

Originally posted by katiecat08 View Post
                              We way over planned and over talked about what it was going to be like. It was wonderful but nothing like I expected of planned.

Comment

We had met online the year before, but had Skyped so we knew what each other looked like. When I got off the plane, we spotted each other right away. I walked to him with a huge smile on my face. He hugged me, we kissed a couple times, he took my bags and we walked to the truck. Midway there, he stopped and looked at me and said "You're REAL! You're really REAL!!" I laughed and said "Yes, baby, I am real!
                                February 2012 -- met online
                                August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
                                April 2013 -- met in person
                                June 2013 -- broke up
                                July 2013 -- back together
                                August 2013 -- 2nd visit
                                October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
                                April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

Working...
                                X