Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When you met your SO for the first time..how dId you react?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it was weird as in a lot of ways it wasn't like meeting for the first time, I felt instantly comfortable and we just hugged and chatted away like we'd always been together.

Comment

When my airplane landed I suddenly got very nervous. When I got outside I kept looking at the floor because I was so embarassed and shy, so it was hard for me to even see if my SO was around. Luckily my mother was with me and she helped me check and when she told me he was there, I looked up... the next thing I see is someone glomp me and hug me so tight, I didn't even get to see his face. We stood there hugging each other for so long and when we finally parted we were both smiling so wide and shy with each other. We didn't even held hands until that night (and I arrived in the morning)! Sure it was awkward but the memory is still cute in my head. =v=

Looking for the future...

First Meeting: March 20 2016
      Got separated: August 2016
      Reunion: July 2017
      Officially together: January 2018
      ... And many meetings later ...

Comment

It was kind of overwhelming at first, honestly. When I saw his bus arrive, I started hyperventilating and I felt my face going tomato red already. But good thing for good ol' makeup, couldn't see my face flaming red. When I saw him, I literally stood up and froze. I was SOOOOO nervous. In most ways, he was what I expected him to look like, but I honestly thought he'd be a bit taller than he was (he's only about 5'8" and a half and I'm 5'5"). He gave me the world's BIGGEST AND TIGHTEST hug and I literally could not breathe. I remember we had to take public transit back to my house and he would NOT shut up the whole way, haha. It may have just been his nerves, but I still tease him about it now. :P It felt like meeting someone new for the first time though. Even though we've known each other (online) for 9+ years now, it just felt really different actually having him here in person - a good kind of different, of course.
        [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
        became official: 28.03.11
        first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
        second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
        our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
        third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
        fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
        surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
        viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
        jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
        my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

It was a rough travel day. I was stressed beyond belief. The airport was crazy busy. I walked out the door after getting through customs and there he was. I had only seen his picture and chatted before we met. I stopped in my tracks for a minute and thought to myself................this might be kinda weird. I heard his voice and loved his accent instantly. I started to realize how awkward this might be. I wanted desperately to run to the ladies run to check myself. No time for that, he grabbed my luggage and off in his car we went. I was beyond exhausted and decided to just be myself. We started to talk and laugh. I looked at his face and he smiled and I melted. The rest was history. The entire time we spent together felt like some movie romantic comedy.
          "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
          Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I told her, how glad I was that we finally met.

First Visit: September 2016
            Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
            Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
            For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
            John 4:12
            I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Travel was rough on the way out there,I arrived (if I remember correctly) 2-3 hours later then I was supposed to due to the bus I was on breaking down. Luckily I was able to let him know the new time I would be getting to the terminal. We pulled in and I got up and immediately I started getting nervous and I had butterflies so bad,I collected my things in my carry-on and got off the bus and walked to the side to grab my checked bag and then walked into the terminal. I looked around but I didn't see anybody that looked like him so I continued on through the terminal and out the front doors,I then saw a tall dark figure (it was night time) standing next to a light pole with a shorter person a little ways down from him and I stopped and wondered if it was him. I couldn't really tell so I walked toward the tall figure and he stopped and looked right at me and pointed at me so I then knew for sure it was him. I went walking up to him and before I could even get less then 2 ft in front of him he just reached out and grabbed me and pulled me to him and hugged me so tight. We stood there for a minute,he smiled at me and the shorter figure (his mom) walked over and hugged me and said hello. We walked over to their truck,he put my luggage in the back of the truck,kissed me and then hopped in the back. The entire ride home I kept looking back at him because I just couldn't believe I was finally in the same place with him. Of course he then decided to be a creeper and look over my shoulder from the back of the truck and when he saw my wallpaper on my phone (it was a picture of him) he said,"Nice wallpaper!" xD. Oi lol. That week and a half I spent with him was the best thing that ever happened to me.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
              Back Together: August 1,2012
              First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
              Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
              Engaged: January 17,2013
              Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
              Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
              We Got Married! - July 3,2014
              SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
              Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

I was super nervous waiting for him. His flight was delayed so it felt like i was in the airport for hours. I finally received a text from him that he's already in immigration. My eyes were fixed on the door and even from afar, with my near-sightedness, i saw him. My heart jumped and i raced to meet him. And when we were inches apart, he hugged me and kissed me. It was one of the most wonderful feeling and until now, when i close my eyes, i could still feel the warmth of his embrace, the softness of his lips and the thought in my head was "finally, youre here"

Comment

I felt like the butterflies in my stomach were going to explode LOL my hands couldn't stop shaking because the whole experience felt so surreal. Plus my face felt like it was on fire from blushing so much because of his damn smile (it's my biggest weakness lol)
                  ~Shaunna~

*Distance isn't an obstacle when it comes to love, but rather a great reminder on just how strong true love can be*

We're engaged 2014 - save $$, 2015 - get married, 2016 - make the big move!

Comment

I had never been to Tucson airport before, and we didn't preplan a place to meet. When we landed, I got off the plane, knew I was in the secure zone that he wouldn't be in, so I went to check my hair/face after 6 hours of travel, then since I didn't know the airport, I just started walking. I got to an escalator, and decided okay, I'm going to go down (not knowing what was below)! There I found about a zillion doors to the outside, as well as baggage claim. I only had my carry on, so I was just looking for my SO. I started walking towards one of the doors, because I wanted some fresh air. As I'm a few steps from the door, my SO walks in it! That was so crazy, because there were just so many doors lol.

Anyway he had a look of panic. I was kind of on a super high from such good flights, and being so giddy to meet him after so many years online. He was holding a dozen red roses, which I so wasn't expecting (even though it was my birthday)! We knew what each other looked like, so we both took like, another step and my mind was going a thousand miles per hour. I reached way up (he's over a foot taller) for a hug, and when we let go, I knew we were both thinking about a kiss, which we went for. Just a short and sweet one. He asked about my flights, and then if I was ready to go. I said yes, he handed me my flowers, and he took my hand to lead me to his van. It was so perfect, I couldn't have hoped for a better first meeting. <3

Comment

When I landed I went to the bathroom obv to touchup make up, hair etc and I walked out the bathroom door and bumped straght into Ray, lLITERALLY!!! we had the longest tightest hug and kiss and just kept looking at one another, very cheesy but so wonderful. it wasn't strange/awkward at all considering it was the first time we seen each other since "getting together", we used to date as teenagers and it felt just like that all over again, butterflies in tummy wonderful feeling. Awwwwwwww i LOVE my boy

"A thousand miles seems pretty far, but they got planes and trains and cars, I'd walk to you if I had no other way"

First visit 23/08/2012 - 05/09/2012
                      Second visit scheduled May 2013
                      Ended relationship August 2013

Comment

I was crazy nervous and shy at first. I was at our meeting spot ahead of time, giving myself a little pep talk and getting comfortable. I knew he was on his way, but had no clue how long the drive would be. Out of the blue, I got a text: "I'm here!". Turns out, he was on the other side of the door... I completely froze up. Unlocked the door and as he opened it, I got brushed into the corner of the room.. Thankfully, he was smooth enough for the two of us..

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

I haven't met mine yet so it may be impolite to post here, but I just wanted to say that I adored reading all of these and hope to add my story here soon enough.

Comment

My BF lives in Texas. I had to take 2 planes to get there. As soon as the 2nd plane landed in Dallas, I was so excited and jumpy! My BF called me as soon as I landed to say that he was at the airport. When I walked off the plane, I was expecting to see him right there. He called me again and said that he was actually waiting at the baggage claim. I walked (almost ran actually,haha) past some signs and corner. I turned the corner and looked back and forth. He said he could see me but I couldn't see him. Then I saw him. He had a huge smile on his face! I dropped my bags and just grabbed him. It was amazing. I kept looking at him. haha. It was just amazing to be with him. I will never forget the look on his face when he first saw me. It was soooo adorable!

Comment

actually he walked up after gettin out of the car and we waved at each other it was a bit of us bein nervous but it got better as the day went on when i wasnt dropping things. the next time we see each other though meeting will be with a kiss and hugs and then goin home to cuddle for hours we done planned it

Comment

Working...
                              X