Luggage, Weight, WHAAAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luggage, Weight, WHAAAA

Ladies and gentleman, for all those who have travelled to see there SO could you please help.

How much can my suitcase weigh for my trip to america from london. is it 23 kg?

also how much weight allowance is my carry on luggage allowed to weigh?

i fly in 29 days and im thinking of putting shoes etc in my carry on but also need stuff in there so i can freshen up for my stop over which is 3 hours.

ALSO ..do they take your luggage and put it onto your next flight or do you have to wait for it and then move it.

little help from my friends!

LOVE

What airline are you flying?

When you arrive in the US, you'll have to collect your bag at customs and then give it back to them right after passing through customs. If you have any other connecting flights in America, they'll transfer the bag for you.

Comment

It depends on the airline. My suggestion is to look up the airline you'll be flying with and go to their baggage information on their website. It should give you everything there.

Comment

What everyone else said, the weight allowance is different depending on the airline - they usually have the info on their websites though As far as changing luggages goes, I'm not so sure but you can always call them and ask. Hope everything goes well with your flight!

Met online: February 2011
        Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by mllebamako View Post
          What airline are you flying?

When you arrive in the US, you'll have to collect your bag at customs and then give it back to them right after passing through customs. If you have any other connecting flights in America, they'll transfer the bag for you.
          Im flying from london to Houston texas then from there to kansas .. then on the way home kansas to chicago and then chicago to london,

The only thing im worried about is on my way home i onyl have 45 minutes from when once plane lands to get to the other! and i didnt know about the luggage thats all

Comment

It depends on which airline. I know the one I fly, you are allowed 50lbs max or you have to pay extra money.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Alle1770 View Post
              What everyone else said, the weight allowance is different depending on the airline - they usually have the info on their websites though As far as changing luggages goes, I'm not so sure but you can always call them and ask. Hope everything goes well with your flight!
              Thank you. i am so scared! i havent flown for 6 years and never flown this far let alone by myself too!! I believe im flying with United airlines .. i think it is 23kg for your suitcase but not sure of my carru on :/

Comment

How long are you going for? Perhaps you need to edit what you are bringing and get rid of some things?

Comment

Originally posted by Louise_B View Post
                  Im flying from london to Houston texas then from there to kansas .. then on the way home kansas to chicago and then chicago to london,

The only thing im worried about is on my way home i onyl have 45 minutes from when once plane lands to get to the other! and i didnt know about the luggage thats all
                  Well, when you're going home (from US to UK), you won't need to collect your bags again in Chicago so I wouldn't worry about it. Although 45 minutes can be a bit tight! Here's hoping your first flight isn't delayed (or that your 2nd one is delayed just a bit )

Comment

Hand luggage is normally 5kg, and you can usually have a purse or laptop bag as well. Most airlines transfer your bags for you.

Comment

I think you can have a maximum of 10 pounds per bag and you get two checked bags.

Comment

What a cheap airline if the maximum is 10lb. D: I had to keep everything under 50lb and I was fine to carry on both domestically and internationally. I found that so long as what I had fit under my seat (it was over 10lb because it was a bag stuffed with books I had bought at a book sale), I was fine, and then my normal carry-on was probably around 30lb and fit. I think checked baggage applied to the same <50lb rule but I'm not *entirely* sure. I flew Delta, American Airlines (never again), Aer Lingus and Alaskan Airlines. Never flown United that I can remember.

Comment

Are you flying through Chicago O'Hare? I had 1,5 hours and nearly missed my flight. It's one of the biggest airports in the world, and if you need to change terminals I can almost guarantee you you'll be very stressed... I would just contact the airline and ask about it though!

Comment

Originally posted by MissButterfly View Post
                            Are you flying through Chicago O'Hare? I had 1,5 hours and nearly missed my flight. It's one of the biggest airports in the world, and if you need to change terminals I can almost guarantee you you'll be very stressed... I would just contact the airline and ask about it though!
                            I agree with this. However, I will say I had 1hr, had a late flight in, sat eating McDonalds in the wrong bloody terminal, then had to rush and change termals, and made my flight as they were boarding with about 10 minutes until they called my rows. So while it's stressful as heck, if you know your way around an airport, it can definitely be done. Especially since it's on your way home, still domestic, and so your luggage will be checked directly through to London.

ETA: I found, for me, familiarizing myself with the general layout through the airport maps proved to be of great help, even though I suck at reading maps.

Comment

Originally posted by MissButterfly View Post
                              See this is the flight im scared of! 45 mins .. to get from one gate to the other! someone said i should like the lady know as i board my plane in kansas that i have a connecting flight and they should help me out!

Comment

Working...
                              X