Luggage, Weight, WHAAAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThePiedPiper View Post
    it can definitely be done. Especially since it's on your way home, still domestic, and so your luggage will be checked directly through to London.

ETA: I found, for me, familiarizing myself with the general layout through the airport maps proved to be of great help, even though I suck at reading maps.
    i am having a melt down just thinking about it! Getting lost etc :/

Comment

Originally posted by Louise_B View Post
      i am having a melt down just thinking about it! Getting lost etc :/
      You should be fine so long as your flight is early or on time. The worst part will be security. Let the person know who IDs you before you get in the security line know that you're trying to catch a flight at x-time and you should be expressed to the front of it and bypass the line.

Comment

Just a warning, even if you get on your seconds plane on time, because it's only 45 minutes of connection, there's a high chance your checked luggage won't be going on that same second plane and you may have to wait up to a day to get it after arriving on your destination.

But be sure about the limit of the checked luggage and hand-on luggage weight properly. It depends a lot on the company. Normally for me is 20kg for checked luggage and 7kg for carry-on, but there were other times that I have to carry less than that. If you surpass the limit you'll have to pay a lot for it so be careful!

Looking for the future...

First Meeting: March 20 2016
        Got separated: August 2016
        Reunion: July 2017
        Officially together: January 2018
        ... And many meetings later ...

Comment

This may help you when it comes to your checked bag and carry on.
          https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...e/default.aspx

I hope your flight goes well.
          sigpic

To read our love story, click here.

Comment

From my experience flying from Texas to London and back, it's 50lbs or 23kg. I've never heard of a weight restriction for checked luggage. I always take the biggest bag I can and stuff it with whatever I can. I would definitely recommend doing what some of the other people said and check the website. I don't think United has a limit for hand luggage though.
            "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
            Made it official: September 17, 2010
            Got engaged: January 15, 2012
            Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
            Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
            Got married: November 21, 2012
            Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
            Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Working...
            X