Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What songs/artists remind you of your SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What songs/artists remind you of your SO?

Anything by The Beatles reminds me of my SO because they are his favorite band
    Also, anything by Coldplay reminds me of him because we always listen to them when we are together.
    The song "Hey There Delilah" by Plain White T's is another good one because it is about an LDR.

What about you?

Alex Ubago sang the first song that my SO ever shared with me, which quickly became "our song." My SO really likes his music and it is the only music he has ever sang to me. Anything by him instantly reminds me of my SO now.
    Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
    Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
    Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

My bf dedicated the song wanted by hunter hayes to me and so whenever I hear that song it reminds me of him. I like the song take care by drake and rihanna because it reminds me a lot of our relationship. Any rap song with a lot of bass reminds me of him because we used to ride around in his wagon with the bass booming all the time and he got me into msic with a lot of bass.

Comment

Originally posted by queencassandra111 View Post
        My bf dedicated the song wanted by hunter hayes to me and so whenever I hear that song it reminds me of him. I like the song take care by drake and rihanna because it reminds me a lot of our relationship. Any rap song with a lot of bass reminds me of him because we used to ride around in his wagon with the bass booming all the time and he got me into msic with a lot of bass.
        Take Care is a great song

Comment

Originally posted by kittyo9 View Post
          Alex Ubago sang the first song that my SO ever shared with me, which quickly became "our song." My SO really likes his music and it is the only music he has ever sang to me. Anything by him instantly reminds me of my SO now.
          Never heard of him before..I'll have to check it out!

Comment

HIM - Right Here In Your Arms,I Love You,For You,Blink-182 - I Miss You (my fiance dedicated it to me),Halestorm - Beautiful,Thompson Square - If I Didn't Have You,The Band Perry - Better Dig Two,Rihanna - We Found Love,Drake & Rihanna - Take Care. There's so many I doubt I could put them all here lol. But here are a few.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
            Back Together: August 1,2012
            First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
            Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
            Engaged: January 17,2013
            Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
            Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
            We Got Married! - July 3,2014
            SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
            Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

Mmmm...well he said that "I wouldn't be a man." By Josh Turner was the song that made him think of me. I think, "This life would kill me if I didn't have you" reminds me of him. We love country so a lot of country songs remind us of each other.

Originally posted by emsimes View Post
              Anything by The Beatles reminds me of my SO because they are his favorite band
              Also, anything by Coldplay reminds me of him because we always listen to them when we are together.
              The song "Hey There Delilah" by Plain White T's is another good one because it is about an LDR.

What about you?

Comment

Hate to kill your thread but this kind of topic has been covered quite a few times if you search for it before you post you'll probably find quite a lot of answers, and posting on the old thread will bump it up so others will see it

I also believe that when you are starting a thread that once you type the topic name in it generates a list and asks you if you had seen those previous topics.

anyway,

Ellie Goulding as an artist reminds me of my SO, we listen to her together from time to time.. and there are lots of songs that remind me of him, too many to mention
                Met Online: February 2009
                Feelings grew: January 2011
                First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
                Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
                Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
                Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
                Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
                Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
                Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
                Engaged: 1st of July 2012
                Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
                Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
                Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
                Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
                Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
                Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Birds Of Tokyo
                  The Script

Comment

At Last by Etta James.
                    Any trashy 90s trance music. (My SO gets high off the stuff, I swear....God I love him. )
                    Faithfully by Journey.

I know this is going to sound cheesy, but any song about love (namely, almost every song), I immediately apply to my relationship. That is, I think about certain things my relationship has or doesn't have based on the song's lyrics. It's a fun little game with myself I practice unconsciously, so, basically, any song about love reminds me of Stephen.
                    "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

Da Edorphine!

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
                      2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
                      3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
                      4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
                      5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
                      6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
                      7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
                      Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
                      UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

I actually have a playlist on my kindle that has loads of songs we both like, people like Plain White T's, Simple Plan, Snow Patrol, Yellowcard, Reamonn, The Cure, Owl City, Alicia Keys & Megan & Liz <--- this was a group I discovered when searching for long distance song videos, it's a great song and I think it fits our relationship really well.
                        Joey & Scott
                        Met: April 2002
                        Lost Contact: August 2002
                        Reconnected: April 2010
                        Together: May 20th 2010

[COLOR="#800080"]"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Jazi View Post
                          Hate to kill your thread but this kind of topic has been covered quite a few times if you search for it before you post you'll probably find quite a lot of answers, and posting on the old thread will bump it up so others will see it

I also believe that when you are starting a thread that once you type the topic name in it generates a list and asks you if you had seen those previous topics.

anyway,

Ellie Goulding as an artist reminds me of my SO, we listen to her together from time to time.. and there are lots of songs that remind me of him, too many to mention
                          Oh ok, I didn't know that! Thank you

Comment

I care for you-Wolfsheim

Comment

The main band that reminds me of him is Blink 182, it was our first concert together and our "song" is by them as well. All that Remains, and System of a Down are his two top favorite bands so those as well lol
                              "I love the stars and the moon because I know that I'm always sitting under the exact same ones as you"

Comment

Working...
                              X