Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopefully meeting my SO for the first time within a month or two...got some questions

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully meeting my SO for the first time within a month or two...got some questions

Okay, so I talked to my parents and asked them if theyd be willing to meet him soon. They said yes, but not in the next few weeks. See my sister and I are both moving back home after living in my aunts old house until they renovate and move back into it. Well now my aunt wants us out by May 15th so the next few weeks are going to be crazy. Well be moving our stuff home as much as we can and my mom is going to put carpet in our bedrooms. My mom and dad said they'd prefer he not come to meet until after were moved and fixed. See I really really miss him and want to see him so badly. I'm considering using my vacation week to meet him since we've got nothing planned for vacation yet. If my parents agree, I was considering us meeting him at our local zoo if possible. Now here's the clicker, he originally plans on flying up to his grandparents house which is in SC three hours from me, visiting with them for a few days, then renting a car and driving to meet me. I'm not sure what I should do greeting wise when we arrive at the zoo if we still plan.on that. I've been to our zoo thousands of times and would rather walk a bit to find him while my parents just hang back a bit and let me hold him. What do you think? This is technocally hypothetical for now, nothing planned but I'm thinking this could work.

I think that sounds like a great plan. Not only will the new renos be good for everyone but your parents will be more relaxed and receptive. A zoo is a great place to meet I think anyways. Sounds like fun.

Comment

fun idea!
      Made it official: 12-01-10
      First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
      Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

sounds like a good idea. There is no right or wrong way to have a first meet, just whatever feels safe and right to you.
        Met Online: February 2009
        Feelings grew: January 2011
        First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
        Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
        Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
        Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
        Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
        Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
        Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
        Engaged: 1st of July 2012
        Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
        Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
        Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
        Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
        Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
        Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Sounds great! Glad they agreed to meet him! Hang in there and have fun! Zoo's are great. My wedding is at one (:
          "I love the stars and the moon because I know that I'm always sitting under the exact same ones as you"

Comment

Working...
          X