Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Projects for LD times

Hello everyone,

I know there's a couple of you losing weight in the LD times, but I'm interested if anyone has more ideas for projects during LD times? It kind of reminds me of New year's resolutions

So my plan during this long absence was to learn how to cook (better). My SO is an AMAZING cook and I was always kind of embarrassed to cook for him. Of course I won't force him to prepare every meal for me once we're CD, so I decided to browse through recipes online, in cooking books, forums etc. Turns out, it's really easy! And so delicious! I can't wait for him to get here, I have lots of culinary surprises ready

Another plan was to get in shape - not because he's sporty or anything, but just to have a kind of motivation for the long runs. That didn't work out just as well, I found cooking was much more fun

What about your LD projects?

Well we're not long distance anymore, but mine were to get in better shape and to complete our scrapbook... The scrapbook I was all caught up until our 1 year anniversary, then I got super busy (and broke!) and it has kind of dwindled down a bit. I'm still collecting tons of stuff though so hopefully this summer I can do some more!

sigpic

Comment

I am trying to get rid of stuff in my house so that when we buy a house together I will have less crap to move.

Comment

Originally posted by srtd35 View Post
        I am trying to get rid of stuff in my house so that when we buy a house together I will have less crap to move.
        Haha, that too - I have to organise my flat so that he will fit in it Lucky he can't take too many things on the plane and that he has a minimal clothes collection... In next two weeks I should try to make some holes in my closets/wardrobes/cupboards... Let's see how that works out

Comment

Since my exams are over I decided to start producing Christmas presents for my SOs family... Yes it's April, but Im knitting footwear for all of them and I haven't done any kind of needle work for ages (except the blanket Im croching over there...) and it is so relaxing...
          We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

I'm not a copy cat but mine is pretty much exactly the same LOL I'm wanting to lose some weight and get fit so have been going to the gym most days. I really cant cook for shit but I really want to try as I want to be able to make him a meal that he is going to enjoy
            ~Shaunna~

*Distance isn't an obstacle when it comes to love, but rather a great reminder on just how strong true love can be*

We're engaged 2014 - save $$, 2015 - get married, 2016 - make the big move!

Comment

I can't do one thing for that long, so I have a million projects. I was dabbling in learning Dutch (my SO is Flemish, close enough for now :P), I've got a book list to work my way through and planning my trip to see him. The most continuous thing though are the packages I make him. I love sending him things in the mail. So far I've made pillowcases, sent food, make clay trinkets and now am about to send a 30 day countdown package in anticipation of my trip. It makes me feel close to him and keeps me busy! Plus I love how he reacts to getting gifts

Comment

I am losing a little weight too and I'm attempting to get rid of my acne! I hope I look pretty when I meed him again.

When I have too much time I get arty. I'm working in little cards with drawings and a few resin objects resembling the things he describes in his stories. Once we did a mutual project, he had a glass jar and I had one too and every time we would feel like kissing, we dropped a red paper ball inside (I did paper stars...had too many free time back then). Red was a kiss, white was a caress, green was holding hands, and we had other colors too.

Comment

I don't really have much in the way of projects. I'm kinda all over the place right now lol. Soon I'm gonna start trying to figure out how to pack my life into a luggage case since we're closing the distance in a little over a month. I also have some other things I'm working on doing for my move. Outside of that though I'm trying to get back into playing WoW and even thinking about taking up doing graphics design again. That's about all I've got right now lol.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
                  Back Together: August 1,2012
                  First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
                  Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
                  Engaged: January 17,2013
                  Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
                  Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
                  We Got Married! - July 3,2014
                  SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
                  Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Catface View Post
                    I can't do one thing for that long, so I have a million projects. I was dabbling in learning Dutch (my SO is Flemish, close enough for now :P), I've got a book list to work my way through and planning my trip to see him. The most continuous thing though are the packages I make him. I love sending him things in the mail. So far I've made pillowcases, sent food, make clay trinkets and now am about to send a 30 day countdown package in anticipation of my trip. It makes me feel close to him and keeps me busy! Plus I love how he reacts to getting gifts
                    I have been studying Dutch for over a year now. It hard for me to get remember to do it everyday. He really wants me to get better at it. My SO is Dutch and the plan is for me to move there but I am having such a hard time with it. I have the Rosetta Stone for Dutch and also Babbel on my smartphone.

I also like to play around in the kitchen and describe in detail to my SO what I make each time. He really enjoys that. I think I am getting much better at it. I can't wait to use what I learned when we are back together again. Lastly, I too have hit the workouts and diet full steam again too. I aim to be bikini bod ready by June.
                    "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Mimmi View Post
                      Haha, that too - I have to organise my flat so that he will fit in it Lucky he can't take too many things on the plane and that he has a minimal clothes collection... In next two weeks I should try to make some holes in my closets/wardrobes/cupboards... Let's see how that works out
                      this ^ my SO should be moving to me within the next few months if all goes to plan. I've been making room, getting some more shelving.. etc.

I'm also making fabric flowers for our wedding so I've been doing that some nights, just sitting down and sewing them up, it's pretty time consuming, I have a lot to make! lol
                      Met Online: February 2009
                      Feelings grew: January 2011
                      First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
                      Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
                      Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
                      Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
                      Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
                      Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
                      Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
                      Engaged: 1st of July 2012
                      Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
                      Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
                      Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
                      Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
                      Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
                      Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Hollandia View Post
                        I have been studying Dutch for over a year now. It hard for me to get remember to do it everyday. He really wants me to get better at it. My SO is Dutch and the plan is for me to move there but I am having such a hard time with it. I have the Rosetta Stone for Dutch and also Babbel on my smartphone.
                        It is quite an interesting language! I love hearing it spoken, but the g and r sounds get on my nerves. I only got past the first milestone on Rosetta Stone and was hoping to get all the way through before June.. kind of just didn't take in any further. It's cool to know someone else here is learning! Makes me want to start again

Comment

Originally posted by srtd35 View Post
                          Originally posted by Mimmi View Post
                          Haha, that too - I have to organise my flat so that he will fit in it
                          Yep, and yep, I need to make room for him by getting rid of excess crap that I don't need, and don't use. We will probably be in my apartment for just a month or 2, 3 tops, and it would be nice to have all my stuff organized before he gets here. Luckily spring has finally arrived in the midwest, so I can work on clearing out my storage unit as well to make room for his things.

Comment

I'm trying really hard to get rid of a ton of stuff. If/when my SO and I close the distance, I'll be moving from KS to AZ, and I sure can't take all of this crap with me. I'm also working on losing baby weight from my almost 2 year old (ugh).

Comment

Originally posted by Catface View Post
                              It is quite an interesting language! I love hearing it spoken, but the g and r sounds get on my nerves. I only got past the first milestone on Rosetta Stone and was hoping to get all the way through before June.. kind of just didn't take in any further. It's cool to know someone else here is learning! Makes me want to start again
                              Yes, me too. Level one was not that bad. I had to do the writing parts a few times to pass them. Level 2 is a b@#$ and a half. I think I might start it over again. He says to me again today.......if you want to be Dutch baby this is your job to learn this. I have to try harder. I did watch the King's coronation with him today. He taught me about the new King and Queen a bit. It would have been so much nicer if I could have understood half of it.

Let me know if you want a Dutch study buddy, maybe we can push each other to work harder at it.
                              Last edited by Hollandia; April 30, 2013, 04:38 PM.
                              "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                              Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                              X